256GB Lexar SDXC for $19.99?!!!??!!! And free shipping?!! Is this even true?

yeah that one is from ebay. thats gotta be good for something, right? in 4 1

Shenmue, I'm with you :) .

Want the fun as well.

Less than 15€.

It's worth it.

Now I don't know if I don't have to order a second one.

You know, Pandora has 2 slots...
Haha!  I took a gamble when I ordered the Pandora for the first time too, but the Pandora turned out to be OK. :)

Hopefully same here :) :(

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're lucky that's a 4Gb card hacked as 256Gb... if you are less lucky it's an even smaller one that's also unreliable...

Shenmue, I'm with you :) .

Want the fun as well.

Less than 15€.

It's worth it.

Now I don't know if I don't have to order a second one.

You know, Pandora has 2 slots...
Haha!  I took a gamble when I ordered the Pandora for the first time too, but the Pandora turned out to be OK. :)

Hopefully same here :) :(
Don't think so.

For now Lexar is the only brand selling those huge cards.

If no other company can do it how do you think there can be a cheap copy from China?

Forget it.

Here's the cheapest one on German amazon: 128 GB for 42 €.

Very good price.

I'm disappointed that the 256gb Cards are out since 2012 and Lexar is still the only company who does sell them.

and price is getting higher, not cheaper.

I did expect the first 512bg cards coming in 2014.ä

its_a_trap.gif

PNY makes a 256 GB SD card (at least it's branded as PNY).  I ordered one for $120 last week...

Where is Prometheus when we need her?

Oh, here she is.

Well maybe he's lucky and he's just buying stolen SD cards sold very cheap.

PNY makes a 256 GB SD card (at least it's branded as PNY).  I ordered one for $120 last week...
Shut up and give me the Link ;) .

On the official site I only see 128gb cards.

I would really like to see this card.

For 120$ I would buy it.

Please report if it's a good one.

Where is Prometheus when we need her?

Oh, here she is.
Don't take away the fun hope.

I bought the PNY card from tigerdirect.ca - they don't keep them in stock for long, for obvious reasons.

The web site said they were in stock when I ordered mine, but it's been a week and it still hasn't shipped.  The status of my order states that it is being fulfilled from a third party warehouse in the US (I'm in Canada) and that I'll receive an email when it ships...nothing so far.

I bought the PNY card from tigerdirect.ca - they don't keep them in stock for long, for obvious reasons.
Thanks.

Oh, they DO keep them in stock.

I bet these cards are 256MB with 256GB labels.

This guy screams dodgy and may be more trouble than worth. I'd reverse the transaction.

If it arrives just try to put 200GB of data on the card and see if it will do it without issues. relabeling cheaper lower capacity cards have been a trick used for a while..
Yep, and it's the case with most electronics and clothing.

Koss made a new more expensive redesign for the Porta Pro Headphones box only because the Chinese ripoff was very hard to identify unless you hear what sound is coming from them...

Had ordered now a 512GB USB Stick for 32Euro and i trust this Offer.
My father in law did the same thing about a year ago > everything above 2Gb of data gets garbeled.
Why do some people fall for such obvious scams ?

The guy has Zero feedback as a seller .

He has feedback as a buyer from a lot of people that are no longer registered users.  

The warning light should be flashing big time. 

I have been bitten by a similar scam on ebay from a chinese seller, got my money from paypal, so yes you are protected that way. but do you really want to go through the hastle. IT was a similiar scam where the guy had many on offer and sold the lot super cheap. Then disappeared and canceled his account. The similiarities are striking.

I'd say there is a 99.99% chance this is a scam.

Prometheus would have linked sosfakeflash long ago were she still there... :(

Back