256GB Lexar SDXC for $19.99?!!!??!!! And free shipping?!! Is this even true?

The web site said they were in stock when I ordered mine, but it's been a week and it still hasn't shipped.  The status of my order states that it is being fulfilled from a third party warehouse in the US (I'm in Canada) and that I'll receive an email when it ships...nothing so far.
Keep us posted please, even at $130, the price seems suspiciously low to me. It looks like the going rate for these Lexar cards is more like the equivalent of $550 in the UK.

Keep us posted please, even at $130, the price seems suspiciously low to me. It looks like the going rate for these Lexar cards is more like the equivalent of $550 in the UK.
Yeah, this was my complaint about all these scams. If you're going to scam someone why do it for such a ridiculously low amount? Take the current rate, discount it 20%, it doesn't look like a complete scam and you earn way more money. Unless the ridiculously cheap price actually causes there to be more sales, I'm not sure anymore.

It's crazy that the true price of these high capacity cards are more expensive than the Pandora and the Pyra.  But people buy them.

Anyway, if you take 20% off it is still damn expensive and people will still hesitate to order.  But with a $19.99 or $14.99 for such a card, people will say what the heck, it's worth the gamble.

not at all, cause it's not a gamble at all, there's no single chance you'll get the real deal...

Why do some people fall for such obvious scams ?
Just like some people believe we will have full speed PS2 emulation on the Pyra :)
I do believe that but I know that the 15€ are just for fun.
I got Playstation2 work on Pandora :)
Nearly full Speed over Remote Play,see in my Youtubevideos.

Some People thougt its a Fakevideo,but its Real over Wifi.

Maybe i will try Skyrim over that too next Days,but i think my CPUpower is not enough for encoding this Resolutions.

Descent3 work on it too,but the Ping is too bad for real playing over RemotePlay.

But back to Topic :)

My 512GB Stick will be delivered in 1-2 Weeks and its underway,i have a tracking Number from it.

And the Price was around 30Euro.

Maybe it work slower than others but when it work will it be very fine for me.

The 256GB Card....

...no Answer yet but maybe soon.

Sometimes Patience is all and you get the Best Price then ;)

But with a $19.99 or $14.99 for such a card, people will say what the heck, it's worth the gamble.
not at all, cause it's not a gamble at all, there's no single chance you'll get the real deal...
That's what I'm saying: at $20 it's an obvious scam and I wouldn't think you'd get that many bites.At 80%-90% of retail (maybe 95%) it's not so obvious a scam, more like someone who may have found themselves a good deal and is looking to cash in.

Ridiculously cheap price sets of warning bells in my head that makes me investigate further, price right around what I would expect is less likely to get extra scrutiny. At least by me, hence the reconsideration that maybe there are a lot more people willing to take the plunge on $20 that balances out the $200+ it would have been otherwise.

making flash isn't that easy, there's only a few fab doing that... you can't get products that're sold for much less that the price of their component... sosfakeflash got some nice info on the subject...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this was my complaint about all these scams. If you're going to scam someone why do it for such a ridiculously low amount? Take the current rate, discount it 20%, it doesn't look like a complete scam and you earn way more money. Unless the ridiculously cheap price actually causes there to be more sales, I'm not sure anymore.
The low price may make it easier to get away with the scam: people are less likely to be angry and to make a big effort to get their money back, the cost of sending back the item to get a refund is discouraging, and you're likely to attract gullible persons who will just say "oh well, it was too good to be true".  You can probably even get away with not sending anything at all, and some percentage of people will even have forgotten that they ordered it, or not spend a lot of effort to get their money back. Just send back the money to those who do complain, and the rest is profit.

But hey, Here is on for 350$.

That's about 250€.

If that's a serious offer, then it's the best price for such a SD-card I've seen for long.

If there were not German tax with 19% I might have bought one.
Yes Askarus, that's really interesting , I think that it is best price too .

But hey, Here is on for 350$.

That's about 250€.

If that's a serious offer, then it's the best price for such a SD-card I've seen for long.

If there were not German tax with 19% I might have bought one.
Yes Askarus, that's really interesting , I think that it is best price too .
It's high enough to be a real card.

BTW: The SD-Card I did buy was removed from Ebay.

So it was really a fake.

I did never expect that ;) .

Yes but the 512 GB Stick is now here and work slow but very Fine.

I am Copying now my Playstation 2 Games on it and play them over USBAdvance on the Slim ^_^

:)And i paid 32 Euro for the 512GB USB Stick .

I am Copying now my Playstation 2 Games on it and play them over USBAdvance on the Slim ^_^

Can you try to keep using it and let us know in a few weeks if it is still going strong?  If all is well, congrats on the deal.

Can you test it with h2testw from http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/ ? cause for that price it's probably a hacked lower capacity stick...

I'm pretty sure you'll face corruption if you try to copy big enough files on it...

Hui this Software need 28 Hours writing/Testing for this USB Stick.

16GB Data is copied sience yesterday without Problems.

Maybe i can let a Powersaving and Fanless Pandora from my 3 Pandoras test it soon.

Report will come in a few Days ^_^

Strange that i found no Hardware ID or Vendor ID.

Maybe i have a Prototype Stick ;)

Reulst will come next Days :rolleyes:

Why would anyone spend 941,99€ for a USB-Stick? oO

Samsung 2,5'' SSD 1TB: 404,00€

Samsung 2,5'' HDD 1TB: 58,80€

Why would anyone spend 941,99€ for a USB-Stick? oO
portability/pocketability and and income where spending ~1000€ does not "hurt" as much as it would "hurt" 85% of the population ?

Back