2.81 Firmware Decrypted

Steve-O

Old news but hey, just letting all you PSP users know that the latest 2.81 firmware that was only released a few days ago is already fully decrypted :p.... Give it a few more days and you will be able to use it with DevHook :D

CUPC4KES posted on Sep 11 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
every firmware sony release will be decrypted now, its all to do with the undiluted platinum mod chip.

no its not... ;)

that chip hasnt decrypted or helped decrypt ANY firmware yet ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i read somewhere before the mod chip was released that it would help programmers decrypt new firmwares. well if it was taking them so long before how are they cracking it so quick now?

CUPC4KES posted on Sep 13 2006 at 10:13 PM said:
i read somewhere before the mod chip was released that it would help programmers decrypt new firmwares. well if it was taking them so long before how are they cracking it so quick now?

Its all to do with exploiting the firmware to get Kernel access which then allows them to dump the decrypt keys or something like that which they then use to decrypt the firmware. Luckilly when they decrypted 2.8 Sony used the same keys to encrypt 2.81 so they could then decrypt that even when they didnt have Kernel access in 2.81

Its all complicated stuff but luckilly Dark_Alex (the firmware decrypter etc god) knows what to do ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only just installed Devhook with 2.71 emulation.

It really is fantastic what they're doing these days.

Back