1gb Card

bassdevo

Still Fresh
Can anyone recomend a good 1 GB card. I brought a SanDisk but when I place the card in the GP2X. It will not go pass the loading screen. If I put the card in after the machine has loaded it locks. Any ideas anyone.

is it formatted correctly? You should have it formatted in FAT32, i believe.... i got my kingston 1Gb from zipzoomfly but i wouldn't recommend it as its not supported for the firmware upgrade (either that or i'm doing something wrong, either way, it doesn't work for the upgrade but it works fine for everything else).

I'd echo the chicken's suggestion to double-check the way you've got it formatted. (My Sandisk 1GB card has been working just fine.)

yep tried this the card has been formatted ok. But will just not work with the GP2X.

I have the same problem, the gp2x works fine without a memory card at all but doesn't get beyond the loading screen when one is in. Seeing as you cannot transfer files to the internal memory without having a memory card inserted as far as I know, my gp2x is as good as useless right now.

I also have a 1gb sandisk card and have tried formatting it correctly multiple times and doing this does not sort anything.

I'm using a PNY 1Gb card and used it right out of the box with no formatting and it's worked fine so far... of course I can't get my PC to recognize the GP2X as a USB Mass Storage device but that's a problem for another day as I have a 7-in-1 card reader which is MUCH faster than USB. I'd recommend the PNY ($49.99 USD after $20 mail-in rebate from CompUSA) except for the fact that it's on the list of "doesn't work cards" for flashing.

Back