120 Hz Timing App

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

just got a small app for you:
This sets the LCD to 120Hz until you re-run the script or reboot the unit.

This will most likely DECREASE graphics performance - but it's a workaround for tearing in SDL Games until a properly ported SDL will be available for the Pandora.

It's basically the same way GPH 'fixed' the tearing on the WIZ.

Be sure to remember: This is just a quick and evil workaround - the real fix needs to be done by properly optimizing SDL.

Get it here

This is not 120Hz, it's more like 137Hz.

I don't recommend using this to anyone, this sets the pixel clock to almost 2 times more than maximum allowed in the datasheet, you are basically overclocking the LCD and possibly degrading it's lifetime.

Yeah, don't even think about doing this. 72Hz is the maximum speed the gate drivers are designed for. That's it!

Oh, didn't know this is out of specs!

Will remove it then!

So: Whoever downloaded it: DO NOT USE IT :)

PokeParadox said:
Doh... although the brief moment I did use it, Panjoust looked gorgeous withou the SDL tearing!

SNES too :)

But I guess someone will pickup on SDL soon :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
PokeParadox said:
Doh... although the brief moment I did use it, Panjoust looked gorgeous withou the SDL tearing!

SNES too :)

But I guess someone will pickup on SDL soon :)
Yes... *sniff* Metroid III never looked so good!

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoTheGreen said:
nvidia 3d glasses anyone? B)

ahahaha that was my first thought too...
the boys at Meant to Be Seen would love that little app :-D Though, LCD and stereoscopic 3d traditionally don't mix well.

It would be really really kick ass if Stereoscopic 3D were available on the Pandora though! Once I discovered the fun of Quake 3 in 3D it's hard to play it the old way.

- trix

Last edited by a moderator:
Back