100 Hand Painted Special Edition Pandoras

RajTakhar said:
This sounds ok, but if these 100 arrive ahead of the others its not fair

I don't think that they would hold the Pandoras until they build this 100 and then paint them with some designs that doesn't exists yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
traylorpark said:
Gruso said:
If they were GP32X members though, who would we nominate? Asmo, traylorpark, Mr Gonzo, Clean3D come to mind... I know there's plenty of other talent here too. Maybe torpor could silver plate one. ^_^

I paint with a hammer. Is that okay?

Yeah, mate, that's fine...just make sure you paint your own Panda.

Where are these 100 coming from? As I understand it there are no extra parts, so these must be part of the 4000 in the first batch? If so was this taken into account when orders were accepted? Long story short, will there be enough parts to fulfill all outstanding 1st batch orders and these additional 100 units?

I'm somewhere at the end of the queue, so this concerns me slightly (for various reasons).

Hey, great joke! Personally I'd prefer if the already ordered 4,000 would finally be produced and shipped to those customers that already paid quite a lot money, several of those more than 18 month ago. Sure, an overclocked edition with full guarantee and a special case is nice to have, but honestly, better invest the time in getting the normal one out ASAP so that you can work on a 2nd batch (including working on how to finance it since I'd guess that a preorder like for the first 4,000 with "we are not sure when it will be done, you know, those chinese..." is likely to not be a huge success.

Here is one for mali :-

GELASKINS.jpg

but anyone who goes near my pandora with a paintbrush is looking to loose a few teeth. :p

Zotty said:
Where are these 100 coming from? As I understand it there are no extra parts, so these must be part of the 4000 in the first batch? If so was this taken into account when orders were accepted? Long story short, will there be enough parts to fulfill all outstanding 1st batch orders and these additional 100 units?

I'm somewhere at the end of the queue, so this concerns me slightly (for various reasons).

Maybe with the cancelations those 100 are Pandoras which aren't sold yet?

Also, depending on the designs I would want one! My order number is somewhere between 3900 to 4000 so maybe this wouldn't really delay my order anyway... :)

Zotty said:

Well, Some of the parts exist in excess, or will be produced in excess of the first 4,000... like the cases, the order is for 10,000.

They have said that they already ordered the parts for a second batch... and finally, I assume they do planned to have some extra units just in case they need to replace a defective unit, and maybe for the press.

So, not to worry.

This reminds me of the Pink Pandora that they considered selling on eBay. Smells of bad in so many ways IMHO.

Monk said:
This reminds me of the Pink Pandora that they considered selling on eBay. Smells of bad in so many ways IMHO.

lol What happened to that pink case ?

I also remember they wanted to lend a test unit before launch. Probably to Gruso. Don't know what happened to this idea ?
Doesn't really matter as far as they start actually shipping unit.

I actually like the idea of a Special Edition but I much more interested in how long it will take to actually ship all the 1st batch unit.

EmuGuy said:
I want the one that was coloured like a c64...it was somebody's concept art a long long long time ago. :) I think there was an Atari one also...
That would be Asmo's work. http://pandorapress....wish-were-real/ :)

marshal said:
I also remember they wanted to lend a test unit before launch. Probably to Gruso. Don't know what happened to this idea ?
That was suggested right before the rev3 cases samples arrived. We were all expecting them to look finished, but that didn't go to plan, so sending them out for scrutiny would have been a bad idea. As you say, all that matters now is shipping. Send them to customers, send one to Engadget, profit!

EmuGuy said:
I want the one that was coloured like a c64...it was somebody's concept art a long long long time ago.
smile.gif
I think there was an Atari one also...

Oh man, that would be so cool!
But please don't do that, it would cost me more money and I'd probably end up with a rolling pin on my head because of that.

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 67
Will you be giving existing preorders to be upgraded to these special ones for those who want them? I think it's a good thing. Everyone's going to be a special edition in my opinion.

headcrash said:
I wanna have a steam-punk-pandora !!!

hum, I'dd prefer an electrically powered pandora... and if I can prevent random greasy haired punk getting near my pandora that would be great...

Gruso said:
EmuGuy said:
I want the one that was coloured like a c64...it was somebody's concept art a long long long time ago. :) I think there was an Atari one also...
That would be Asmo's work. http://pandorapress....wish-were-real/ :)

marshal said:
That was suggested right before the rev3 cases samples arrived. We were all expecting them to look finished, but that didn't go to plan, so sending them out for scrutiny would have been a bad idea. As you say, all that matters now is shipping. Send them to customers, send one to Engadget, profit!

Wow those retro makeovers are awesome! I think the C64 has my vote.

So after me thinking i was getting something special like all of us preorderers we are getting the shit Pandora while you Craig try and make even more money out of a special hand painted Pandora unitx100 and ohh wait you also promise these Pandoras will do 800mhz ,this is the biggest fucking joke ever ,you have really pissed me off now ,so hang on i really don't give a shit about painted but i do want 800mhz so can i keep my order number and pay the extra for the best hardware ? coz this is just crap ,come on people are you all fucking blind ?

I just do not agree with this at all ,Painted ok but different or better hardware to the select few ,never m8 its dam right out of order and i think everyone should see this.

Ohh and lest we forget you still owe all of us our Pandora that we still havn't got yet ,get your priorities strait for fucks sake this is a FUCKING JOKE,and if you need help with the build of the pandora units then people have already offered time to travel to you and help ,and we of the community are willing to put some more into the fund to help YOU with food lighting and so on ,all you need to do is make it formal and ask for help on a plan of action.

ohh and btw ,the Pandora hardware better be the same for everyone or i am blending mine for real ,i thought you guys had all this sorted out but to know that some will be getting 800mhz and some unlucky shits will get 600mhz and no more is not good enough full stop.

Paddy

craigix said:
We will just be using a local artist, I might even make some stencils myself.

These units will be collectors items to celebrate the launch of the Pandora. We decided it was something we should do (as many other consoles have done too).

We will keep a list of who bought them, sign them, and put a custom ID sticker inside the unit to show it's a real special edition model.

There will probably be 5 designs, so 20 of each design will be made, making the units even rarer.

The money raised will go to our assembly costs in the UK (food, accommodation, equipment, flights etc.)

We have not decided on a price yet, but it won't be $1500 that's for sure!

It is a very good idea.

I would like to get one of these awesome units.

I'm pretty sure that when he says they're 800Mhz, they're really the exact same 600Mhz ones that they've just proven can clock up to 800Mhz. It's not like they're getting different hardware, these'd just be cherry picked to guarantee overclockability over 800Mhz.

Back