$1 Pandora.

Just purchased the keyring. Question, how do you link the purcase to the forum account?

Thanks

Prov

I'm official utterly dissapointed :)

I hoped for a real metal casing when seeing "metal pandora" title on the stalker list :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought keyring and uber support badge.

My 2pennith is NOT to make *ANY* news a premium thing, you need to entice more people here, not wall yourselves off into a clique / "OpenPandora club"

We're asking you to be kind and consider paying $1 a month (or more if you're happy to) to use the forum and associated websites, you can even buy a TINY METAL PANDORA signed by me and Ed (limited numbers).

For doing this you will get a new icon and member status, as well as early access to future products and news.
Nice. Thank you! Please check here: http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=214&Itemid=44&lang=en

and add me for 77 month. I'm awaiting for the signed 1$ pandora via my already not delivered Pandora, which will save us additional postage costs.

Hopefully all other previous donators will set on the member status automatically or after offering to do so.

That quickly? Damn.

+1, pretty Impressive. But they don't make these Keyrings it in China so it really should go pretty fast with Laser Power. ^^

Just bought the mini metal Pandora. :)

Now bring on the real sized metal case! I wonder how much one would cost...
A fortune I guess. But it shouldn't be much more expencive tha 58$ per unit. :D

Just bought the mini metal Pandora. :)

Now bring on the real sized metal case! I wonder how much one would cost...
A fortune I guess. But it shouldn't be much more expencive tha 58$ per unit. :D

Heh, I tried to "model" a case and upload it to Shapeways (just a hollow metal block with about the correct size) and it came to 2000$ for stainless steel and 404$ for Alumide. That's a bit too expensive... ^^

I've put in my order.

I also have to throw in my lot with the others and say that I consider premium news or forum content to be a bad idea.

T-shirts on the other hand.. :D

- Neelix

I have to play devil's advocate here (mostly because I am strapped for cash and cannot currently contribute)....

As much as I totally support OP and want them to be a success, I feel like adding a forum badge is going create some sort of "members-only" club where people who have a badge are more relevant and speak louder than those of us who don't have one. I don't want my opinion diminished on the boards just because I haven't donated for forum membership. Also for the record I have supported this project in other ways by purchasing a premium pandora (which sadly is now on month 4 of RMA) and I also made a sizable donation to OP when I felt things were getting nasty here on the boards. Does previous support of the project count towards any of this?

I also think early access to products and news is a bad way to go as well. You are going to fragment your community and create jealousy between people who have paid for the "privilege" of early news and product purchases and those who either can't pay for membership and/or don't want to since they're still waiting to receive anything in the form of good news since laying out hundreds of dollars three years ago.

I think this community has always stuck together as a whole and I fear anything that separates us is bad for the project as a whole. If you guys need money that's understandable. CC has certainly f'ed things up for all of us, and I hope I can speak for the community when I say we'd be happy to do what we can to get you back on course. I think the metallic pandora keychain thing is the way to go. Let people purchase those for $25 and call it a day (no limitted quantities). I'd gladly buy one when my money situation gets better and I wouldn't feel like I've somehow been degraded in my support for this awesome project by not having purchased one.

And before I get slammed, let me hammer home that I am as faithful a supporter as you can be. I simply fear for the health of the community with this move.

I honestly doubt that forum badges would have any such effect. You can never buy respect, and the most respect would still go to those who contribute the most to the community, regardless of who happened to be displaying a badge because they had made a monetary donation.

As long as there is no content that is only available to those who donate I don't see any issues here.

- Neelix

I was going to start donating $1 a month.... But it got too messy. Instead I donated 50€. Don't spend it all on candy now!

Thanks.

Thanks everyone, this means a lot to us and does help reduce some of the huge stress we're under.

We will start upgrading status this weekend.

I don't think you'll miss that much news. Future product news would be info about stuff NOT from the community ;)

So the main thing probably is the badge.
So people who are not able to spend some money right now won't be allowed to read news posts from you anymore? I really hope that's not your intention! Please keep your open minded information policy! That's one of the main reasons why i'm sticking to this project!

Contributed with forum support... seems fair to me for the effort showed last moths to continue with OP project.

But please, did not make any difference with people that can not contribute in this moments... (several friends of mine here)

Regards.

I hate to be the one asshole in the room but honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this. Not about all the details of what privileges people will or won't get, but about what's being donated to in the first place.

I'd feel better if there was a clearer image of "we have X but need Y" and what that money would be going to exactly. I could be way off mark but I figured that at least as far as Craig was concerned that he'd be seeing more money these days thanks to sales of the $500 Pandoras, iCP, and Wizzley Presto/Dizzy Wizards. $500 Pandoras alone were supposed to be used for more production man-power which, due to other bottlenecks, would have been unnecessary.. That changed to "we needed it to survive." Okay, that's cool - so do you need this to survive too? You need money to run the forum - okay, how much does the forum actually cost to run?

I'm not calling him a liar but yeah, I'd like to have more information. But I'll probably get more of "fuck off Exophase we don't need your money anyway" response and that's cool too ;p

(also I guess I'm the only person annoyed by the purposefully misleading thread title but whatever)

I don't think you'll miss that much news. Future product news would be info about stuff NOT from the community ;)

So people who are not able to spend some money right now won't be allowed to read news posts from you anymore? I really hope that's not your intention! Please keep your open minded information policy! That's one of the main reasons why i'm sticking to this project!

No, you will never read anything from me again.

Just kidding ;)

Do you think I would write anything anywhere hidden? :)

Any news or info about new products etc will just get plastered all over the forum and pandora press anyways I reckon.

Not that I'm clear on details or anything, but I think Craig runs multiple businesses; he's taking $$ for OP (which is not related to ED's side per se), which is not related to iCP, or perhaps other ventures. ie: I thibk Craig is trying to keep OP afloat on OP's merits, without getting his other things too involved. Obviously there is some mixing of interests (Jaqueline probably gets paid from a combined pool, likewise Craid and ED and the guys certainmly arent' drawing wages against iCP + pandora, so are contributing $$reosurces in that capacity among others). But from the sounds of it, this is donating to OP (UK) which is obviously struggling (since iCP is not part of it.)

*shrug*

jeff

I just wanted to drop in and say that I agree with all of the chaps who are concerned about exclusive access to stuff, and all that.

To be honest, I really don't care about getting a forum-badge or having access to things others don't (everyone should have access, anyway :p ). I just wanted to help out a bit, and get a cool keychain. :lol:

When Craig said donate "to use" the forums, he meant donate because we use the forums (because they cost money) not donate so we can use them

Back