ZX Spectrum on SuperZaxxon Final

I'll get this pnd'd up tonight, and do an FBZX PND too. Can't have too many speccy emulators :)

D.

That's good :) thank you.

When I use Notaz's new Fuse file which I place where he states I cannot load any games :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurrah! Maybe I can retire my HF6a4 SD card now!

For the curious, Fuse looks really close to the original experience with the CRT Raster effect on, it uses a decent amount of screen area while keeping the borders for the purists, and seems very accurate speed-wise.

@Cas - maybe delete the PND and appdata folder, then put a fresh copy of the old Fuse on it, run once then apply the new 'patch'?

Is it the version of Fuse from the repo you started off with? There was one previous version before that on the other app sites.

Yup, Fuse from the Repo, did all that, still the same :(

Hi all,

I am getting the same issues as Cas, the sound issues have stopped but I cannot load any .tzx images and get an error message that states "couldn't find autoload snap for machine type '48'"

I have tried a clean install and re-downloading the PND from the repo so I am pretty sure that is not the issue.

I have also tried switching to a 128k machine in the fuse menu but this causes a crash back to the XFCE desktop.

Great that someone has managed to look at the sound issues, hopefully the other issues can be sorted.

It appears at first glance to need the appropriate files installed to NAND. Unfortunately, FUSE was written in such a way that the path to the binary (from make install) is baked into the executable. Notaz appears to have changed that path to ./ but it still fails to find the required snapshots. FWIW, you can turn off tape autoloading in the options which will fix this - but you'll have to load your TZX files the classic way - with LOAD "" or the Tape Loader menu item on the 128k machines.

I'll get it fixed eventually, and upload a PND when it's done.

D.

...And it's all fixed. Finally. I learnt a new command today - strace -o fuse.txt ./fuse

Which revealed exactly where FUSE wants its files :)

A new PND is on the way shortly!

D.

Go get it folks:

http://repo.openpand....cosam.1.0.0.1a

Appropriate credit to Steve Maddison for the original port, and Notaz for fixing SDL sound issues. I ran it through strace to figure out where it was wanting files, and made a PND from that information.

We now have FUSE back again, and what an emulator it is. It needs some Pandora controls loving, but that's for another day. Enjoy.

Edit: Steve's version was 0.10.x.y, this is the latest source - 1.0.0.1a. Bonus!

D.

I can finally play Vinnie Vole's Existential Nightmare with tape loading sounds and everything :D

Thanks Notaz and ZXDunny!

Yea, got up this morning to find the new Fuse, good work ZXdunny & Notaz, thanks :)

Good news indeed.. I was back on Commando and Airwolf this morning. Not sure.... But I might have completed Airwolf :)

Nice work guys!

Fuse will definitely be needed for my Pandora on arrival, the ZX was my first computer and I love playing my old favs on this system.

I'd have been gutted if I'd reached the Repo and not found an emu for it.

My personal reminder for games to get stuck into one day

Head Over Heels

Bombjack

Jetpac

Jack The Nipper 2

Commando

Chuckie Egg

Moon Patrol

Xenon

Been testing this a little bit and it works great. Only problem I've discovered so far it when trying to load a *.trd or *.scl it gives an error message like "trdos.rom not found" then exits the emulator. I guess it's just not finding that particular ROM.

Been testing this a little bit and it works great. Only problem I've discovered so far it when trying to load a *.trd or *.scl it gives an error message like "trdos.rom not found" then exits the emulator. I guess it's just not finding that particular ROM.

Ok, I'll get on it.

D.

Great. The main reason I want/need a speccy emulator is that there're some unofficial Dizzy games I need to play, and a few of them are from odd Russian clones that use TRD's (pronounced "turds", as in "Excuse me while I pop a fresh turd into my speccy emulator"). A couple of the games have been translated into English. Since they are unofficial and have no copyright I could upload and link to them if anyone would be interested. I think I have 4 or 5 new Dizzy adventure games that are in english and at least the same amount that are Russian only. They can be hard to track down now, as I discovered when I wanted to download them instead of raking through my external HDDs.

Great. The main reason I want/need a speccy emulator is that there're some unofficial Dizzy games I need to play, and a few of them are from odd Russian clones that use TRD's (pronounced "turds", as in "Excuse me while I pop a fresh turd into my speccy emulator"). A couple of the games have been translated into English. Since they are unofficial and have no copyright I could upload and link to them if anyone would be interested. I think I have 4 or 5 new Dizzy adventure games that are in english and at least the same amount that are Russian only. They can be hard to track down now, as I discovered when I wanted to download them instead of raking through my external HDDs.

If they're not on WOS then they need to be uploaded there, along with as much information as you can get about them. I've played the majority of the russian Dizzy games (I fucking HATE that egg) and if you have some obscure ones then we really need them :)

D.

Dizzy's an egg? I always just assumed he was Hitler's missing testicle. Thanks for the update.

Back