Zotgp Coming Soon!

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I hope to have ZotGp released at the end of the month! (Which is to say, ZotMac and ZotWin are already out, for building your little games with etc, and ZotGP and ZotPalm will come out at the end of the month)

http://www.codejedi.com/zot/

I'd detail it mre, but you know, I'm beat :)

jeff

How about Zotnix :D
Great Job though, once a Zot comes out for Linux, I think I'm going to try to make a game based on JetPac

By the end of the month? Does that mean you'll enter it into GBAX 2004 (BTW, is it GBAX2004 or GBAX 2004?)?

well, lets have a look at the rules:

- The closing date of the competition is May 1st 2004 at midnight your local time, all entries must be submitted by this date to gbax2004@gbaemu.com with the subject 'GBAX.COM 2004 Entry'.
- A 'gamename.txt' containing the following information should be included with the entry: Your name, email address and a brief description of the entry.
- There should be a splash screen or a mention of the competitions name 'GBAX.COM 2004' and also 'www.gbaemu.com' / 'www.gp32emu.com' / 'www.zodiacgamer.com' (depending on the machine your entry is) in the entry.
- Your entry must be fully working on hardware as this is what all entries must be judged on.
- There is no limit on the file size of the entry.
- You can enter a violent game if you want to :)
- Emulators should not include commercial roms (PD roms are OK). we can find those online ourselves to test your emulator.
- You may port an existing Game, Emulator or Demo. If you are doing this please try to get permission from the original author as they may not like people possibly winning a prize from their original work.
- Multiple entries may be submitted, but you will only be eligible to win one prize.
- You can form a team for the entry but you will be responsible for sharing the prize(s) between your team.
- No staff or affiliates of GBAX, GBAEmu, GP32Emu or Zodiac Gamer may enter.

well, the only rule that could be broken would be the splashcreen one (but he could add it) and the last one (if he IS a staff or affiliate).

A splash screen is a simple matter of scripting in Zotscript, even in its early stage; I am not staff of any of the sites.. I never thought that would be right, since I try and make cash doing development..

So yes, you'll find out if Zot is going into GBAX in a few days :)

Now if only I'll have time someday to actually use Zot to make a game.. hopefully you guys can have at it though :) (You can already start youir own game, using the windows or mac side of it to build .. thats the fastest way anyway.. build on desktop, then send your scripts/art to the GP for handing out to people :)

jeff

The Leafs whipped the Sens in game 7.. looong tired, brain out :)

go skeezix go!

I've been perusing the documentation on your site and it's not the most straightforward thing I've ever read.

Having never coded anything, is there any experience needed to get going with this? there seems quite a bit to it

I'd really like to get started making something but dedicating time to it might be difficult at the moment.

Anyone done anything yet?

The design of Zotscript is to enable non-coders to make relatively simple to medium complexity games, of certain styles; ie: Its not well suited to making fighting games.. its just not a general purpose programming language, since that w9oudl be huge for me to build, and woudl make it not suitable to most people. The goal was so Zot woudl be the engine, and artist or others could just make stuff -- like HTML. The browser is immensely complex, but virtually anyone can make simple HTML.

So Zotscript is pretty straight forward; you start with the basic demo level, alter the artwork or filenames, and start adding to it. Maybe I shoudl make a "nil" level that does *nbothing*, but does load up and show an empty map, so you can start editting it..

The included demo levels are fully functional (if dumb :), so you can see its not so bad once you get into them..

You can always ask in zot-maker :)

jeff

Cool can't wait :)

i'm buggin to try my game out on the gp32 ^_^

Having never coded anything, is there any experience needed to get going with this? there seems quite a bit to it

to be honest its damn easy everything is setout simple and stright

like if u need to change the speed of a player

its right there in plain english for you :)

i dont remember what it is but its lik Player_speed: 50

quite good and u dont even have to code u can just play around rip sprites and make some levels and then use some code form someone else.

id be willig to lend code out etc. :)

great work skeezix you done well ^_^

:ph34r:

I'm subscribed to the mailing list and all but I haven't had the time to poke around Zot yet, looks fairly straight forward though.

*Sigh* a designers work is never done

Back