Zot!

wow okay... lack of time.. I'm suffering from that too theses days.. :( But i'll try to do something with zot ^^

I'm pretty sure that Skezzix(not sure if thats spelled right) made BombzGP using Zot!
check it out in the 16 days later compo at gbax.com

tekt5 posted on May 25 2005 at 08:55 PM said:
I'm pretty sure that Skezzix(not sure if thats spelled right) made BombzGP using Zot!
check it out in the 16 days later compo at gbax.com

Zot! Rules! I was making a game with the Zot engine it's easy to use and quite powerful! I've moved onto making it in C now thanks to Pirotic helping me set up dev environment thingie. If my game didn't have so much custom code I'd kept it in Zot cos it's very quick to make a game that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
"skeezix" -- yeah, I made Zot and a few crappy compo entries with it as I grew the engine; BombZ and ZotToThePast were both simple Zot gamelets before it got the scripting engine. I like BombZ :)

jeff

yeah yeah I already saw bombz, well done!
But the fact is I was impressed by the lack of games made with zot... know only Bombz and the other game you made skeezix.

There didn't seam to be a lot of interest in the Time Bandits clone so I sort of let it rest awhile; I've been trying to contact the original authors to get some permissions, mayhbe artwork or otehr fan data that could be used.. but no luck.

I've done some graphics ripping so uising the original art is possible, but I'm debating how to do the levels.. remake them like we started doing back a couple months ago, or disassemble the game and work through it for awhile to figure out how the levels are compressed and encoded and then read the original datafiles to get the levels.. hmm.. :)

jeff

Back