Quick Questions On Zot/fenix

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Ya well the guy finally recieved his moeny order and my gp32_console is comming thru the mail wee!

Anyway i have been fooling around with zot, and fenix for a bit and wanting some attention (tried other forums/section in this one) and no1 really told me anything.

So i ask these:
1.) Can Zot games have a title screen?
2.) Does games made with Zot have to be run with zot? or is there a self boot or something around those lines?
3.) Does Fenix support .Avi/Divx support to your game on the gp32? (i got a maybe on this jsut want to make sure)
4.) Any1 got any tutorials on beginning Fenix? (tried searching, failed at it ;) )

1.)Answered
2.)Answered
3.)Answered
4.)Answered

Thanks, Drak.

You can script up a title screen using Zotconfig or zotscript; ie: show a level thats just a title display, wait a bit or wait for button, then go to a playable level. If people actually start using Zot, I'll add a simple dialog box system so you can make easier screens like that.

For development sake, you need Zot to build/run your scripts. After a game reaches some useful point or you need it for a compo or you're done or whatever, just send it over to me and I can turn it into an fxe for you.

jeff

skeezix posted on Apr 5 2005 at 06:24 PM said:
You can script up a title screen using Zotconfig or zotscript; ie: show a level thats just a title display, wait a bit or wait for button, then go to a playable level. If people actually start using Zot, I'll add a simple dialog box system so you can make easier screens like that.

For development sake, you need Zot to build/run your scripts. After a game reaches some useful point or you need it for a compo or you're done or whatever, just send it over to me and I can turn it into an fxe for you.

jeff

That seems very nice indeed :D
I should be done in about a month heh. Just working out the bugs in my sprites and building levels and such. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no avi support for fenix. (You already thought so :))

And if you searched for Fenix tutorials, well you didn`t search good, scroll down on the front page of gp32x.de and there shall be a news post about EvilDragons Fenix Tutorial.

Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Also have a look at www.flamingbird.com (tuts still very rare on there, I hope they soon add the "Hardness(Collision) Map Tutorial" and an AI tutorial)

devlkore posted on Apr 6 2005 at 10:51 AM said:
Check my sig!

(Hello everyone, I've been in Japan and Barbados for a while, I'm still alive though)

yeah thanks for the source code!!! i have modified it to my likings and it looks like a whole new game!!!

also where did you go in japan??? tokyo, nagasaki, osaka???? tell i want to know please!!!!

I should have a demo of my first game that im currently making it should be impressive if i can get it to do what i want.

What the.. My Zot stopped working whenever i try to load my/any other games the only one that works is BOMBZ. Wierd... help me...!

Oh and it gives me a error instantly after i press spcace bar.. Hm.. ill try to dl it again.

saintdragon posted on Apr 6 2005 at 03:36 PM said:
devlkore posted on Apr 6 2005 at 10:51 AM said:
Check my sig!

(Hello everyone, I've been in Japan and Barbados for a while, I'm still alive though)

yeah thanks for the source code!!! i have modified it to my likings and it looks like a whole new game!!!

also where did you go in japan??? tokyo, nagasaki, osaka???? tell i want to know please!!!!

I stayed in Shinagawa, in Tokyo, it was awesome!

Drak posted on Apr 6 2005 at 07:00 PM said:
What the.. My Zot stopped working whenever i try to load my/any other games the only one that works is BOMBZ. Wierd... help me...!

Oh and it gives me a error instantly after i press spcace bar.. Hm.. ill try to dl it again.

help eh?

For Windows? Make sure you're running the latest one off the website (month or two old). It'll log everything to the zotlog.txt file so thats the first place to look for warnings and errors as it parses and runs the config files you provide. It will also in some cases draw some error text to its main display, so that you can't miss it (ie: non-fatal errors, but weird results, so it shows on screen so you know there was an issue it circumvented)

jeff

skeezix posted on Apr 7 2005 at 07:22 AM said:
For Windows? Make sure you're running the latest one off the website (month or two old). It'll log everything to the zotlog.txt file so thats the first place to look for warnings and errors as it parses and runs the config files you provide. It will also in some cases draw some error text to its main display, so that you can't miss it (ie: non-fatal errors, but weird results, so it shows on screen so you know there was an issue it circumvented)

jeff

ok ill look at it

I got my zot working again.

Something else troubles me though. When i try to make the sprite for the still image can i only have 1 image? I was hoping i could have a wiggling char when you dont press any direction buttons. Like instead on still you have a bouncing character.

I tried and tried to do a title screen in ZOT but cannot wrap my finger around getting it to work. i looked at all the sites and tried almost everything but i get an error.

Can some1 plz show me the code to make a title screen? When you press Space Bar ( Start On Gp32 ) so that it goes to level 1 from the title.

Thx alot drak.

Back