Zodiac

Alpha2 posted on May 1 2004 at 12:25 AM said:
My honest unbiased opinion of the Z before I ever even heard of the GP32:

It looks like a glorified PDA with a joypad that plays a few PC game ports and a couple of emulators here and there. More expensive than I feel it needs to be(advertising for like 299.99 at the time). I have a pretty nice(well at the time) Sony clie PDA which I spent like 150 bucks on so I dont need another one... and so I passed on it and didn't bother to follow up on it.

that's what I felt then (like a year and a half ago) and frankly i still feel like that after buying a GP32.
Just an FYI; the Zodiac as a PDA has to be compared to similar PDAs; ie: Most high end Clie's are very pricey. ie: The Zodiac at lrelease time pretty much blew away the top end PAlm OS PDAs for price versus features. ie: Compare to T|T3 etc. A low end Clie can't be compared to a high end Zodiac for PDAness and price equality..

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
for the purposes I was using my PDA for at the time it seemed unnecessary. All I needed (Ebook reader, note taker,color picture display, a few games, clock, date oganizer, phone book) so I didnt see the point of having another.

High end means nothing to a person if what they have already does what they want.

Back