Zlauncher 0.4 .. Breaks 'libstdc++' .. ???

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
okay, i have a brand new GP2X which i just finished updating to firmware 1.2.1 - flawlessly updated, i might add - and so i thought i'd try to put zLauncher to use on this one and see how far i get ..

it does not work.

i unzip'ed zLauncher-0.4.zip to the / of my SD card, started it up from the Utilities menu, and .. fortunately i have a serial cable .. i get this message upon startup:

Code:
[root@Linux gp2x]$/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu 
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[root@Linux sd]$cd /usr/gp2x/
[root@Linux gp2x]$./gp2xmenu 
./gp2xmenu: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[root@Linux gp2x]$

so .. gp2xmenu doesn't work either, after i run zLauncher .. upon inspection i noticed this in the .gpu file:

Code:
[root@Linux gp2x]$cat /mnt/sd/zLauncher.gpu 
#!/bin/bash
mount -o bind /mnt/sd/zLauncher/gp2xmenu /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
[root@Linux gp2x]$

hmmm .. i don't really think that "mount -o bind" is a very smart idea:

Code:
[root@Linux gp2x]$set
BASH=/bin/sh
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="2" [1]="05a" [2]="0" [3]="1" [4]="release" [5]="arm-unknown-linux-gnu")
BASH_VERSION='2.05a.0(1)-release'
COLUMNS=80
DIRSTACK=()
EUID=0
GROUPS=()
HISTFILE=/root/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=500
HISTSIZE=500
HOME=/root
HOSTNAME=Linux
HOSTTYPE=arm
IFS=' 
'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
LINES=24
LOGNAME=root
MACHTYPE=arm-unknown-linux-gnu
MAIL=/var/mail/root
MAILCHECK=60
OLDPWD=/mnt/sd
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=linux-gnu
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
POSIXLY_CORRECT=y
PPID=1
PS1='[\u@\h \W]$'
PS2='> '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/usr/gp2x
SHELL=/bin/sh
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:hashall:histexpand:history:interactive-comments:posix:emacs
SHLVL=1
TERM=linux
UID=0
_=--help

edit: after i reset the GP2X, the original gp2xmenu runs just fine (can find libstdc++) .. it seems that the mount -bind breaks something in the 1.2.1 knowledge of its libs ..

mount --bind is telling the system than whenever someone calls gp2xmenu it should actually run zlauncher (so when you exit from an app it will load zlauncher again instead of the normal gp2xmenu). So when you are trying to run gp2xmenu and it's failing, it's actually zlauncher which is failing.

have you installed the sdl libraries yet? if not thats your problem

sdl libs

stick them on your gp2x and then try again matey :D

Back