Shortcuts

feddon

the quake .gpe used to launch links to the gpe that is in the quake folder as follows:

mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
cd /mnt/sd/quake/
/mnt/sd/quake/quake.gpe
mount /mnt/sd -o remount,async
cd /usr/gp2x/
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

i want to to the same thing so i can have one folder labled games with no other folders inside so its simpler, for transport tycoon i tryed to modify this one (i know nothing about anything so it was just a off the top of my head thing) it doesnt work and i was hoping someone could help me.

cd /mnt/sd/openttd/
/mnt/sd/quake/openttd.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

I dont know what any of it means i just changed the folder and .gpe name to match the transport tycoon one.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

feddon posted on Dec 25 2005 at 01:36 PM said:
the quake .gpe used to launch links to the gpe that is in the quake folder as follows:

cd /mnt/sd/quake/
/mnt/sd/quake/quake.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

i want to to the same thing so i can have one folder labled games with no other folders inside so its simpler, for transport tycoon i tryed to modify this one (i know nothing about anything so it was just a off the top of my head thing) it doesnt work and i was hoping someone could help me.

cd /mnt/sd/openttd/
/mnt/sd/quake/openttd.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

I dont know what any of it means i just changed the folder and .gpe name to match the transport tycoon one.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

You forgot to change "quake" to "openttd" Hope that helps. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe how the hell did i miss that, i did check it over aswell lol, ill try it again thanks alot.

k i now have it as :

cd /mnt/sd/openttd/
/mnt/sd/openttd/openttd.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
/usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

but still no luck, all i get is a black screen thanks anyway though

also my sd card has corrupted 3 times now, and has needed to be reformatted, 3 times in one day. Anyone know of things that can cause this to happen?

probably something to do with the mount and remount commands, but I don't know what you should do to change those. (the not working problem)

Firstly, don't pick a script and randomly change things without understanding what they mean ;) (mounting with sync was just a hack to get saving in quake to work when I was in a rush - don't use it unless you need it!)

Secondly, here is a shortcut script -

cd /full/path/to/the/file/to/launch/
./gpename.gpe

That is all you need to create a shortcut. The lines for running gp2xmenu should be handled by the program you are running, so it's not really wise to add them to a shortcut (unless the shortcut came supplied with the program like Quake does).

Thirdly, write the shortcut script with an app that creates a text file in the unix format needed by the gp2x. I never use windows, so you'll have to search around for windows text editors that people recommend (someone posts a name of one every couple of days). Never, under any circumstances, use notepad.

thanks woogal, i know i shouldnt fiddle with things but kinda cant help it.
ill try and find a text program to use.

Thanks again

edit 1 more question

if my file was on the SD card would the path be

cd /mnt/sd/folder/
or
cd /sd/folder

and could doing this wrong cause my card to corrupt because i think it mabye did.

thanks

Arghhh... ive tryed everyway i can think of that woogal meant, using a unix format text app but still no luck.

If anyone can clear it up even more (I admit im a retard!) that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, god i love this community, you can be as stupid and as uniformed as you like and people still help you.

Cheers woogal

yeh i used vi-win changed it to unix format then typed in:

cd /mnt/sd/openttd/
/mnt/sd/openttd/openttd.gpe

labled the file Transport tycoon.gpe and it worked.

cant remember the the site, just search for vi unix in google im sure youll find it.

I have tryed Vim but I still can't get my shortcut to DrMDX to work here is the code i am using

cd /mnt/sd/2-EMU/
/mnt/sd/2-EMU/DrMDX.gpe

I get the BSOD

Back