Rpg Toolkit Port Request

There home page seem to be down, but I browsed the source on sourceforge and it seems part of it is in Visual Basic.

There might be a open source VB out there that is portable but if there isn't there's no chance of this being ported :(

hammy lite posted on Jul 24 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
There home page seem to be down, but I browsed the source on sourceforge and it seems part of it is in Visual Basic.

There might be a open source VB out there that is portable but if there isn't there's no chance of this being ported :(

to a certain extent there is some VB but with some good programming in C this should be possible. The site isn't down from my end...that's weird...

anyway - if a 100% pure port isn't possible then maybe there could be some kind of work around?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I think the engine is C, the IDE is VB
2. I haven't seen any games for it worth playing.
3. I think its too powerful to play too well.

I took a closer look on their home page (which worked for me now) and the stand alone executables does require the VB runtime.

So depending on how much of the engine is in VB, porting it is anything from very hard to nightmareish.

hammy lite posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:29 AM said:
I took a closer look on their home page (which worked for me now) and the stand alone executables does require the VB runtime.

So depending on how much of the engine is in VB, porting it is anything from very hard to nightmareish.

is there not a way to install a vb runtime library? even if it runs off the SD card...?

Relaxis posted on Jul 28 2006 at 06:19 PM said:
is there not a way to install a vb runtime library? even if it runs off the SD card...?
vb runtime needs a quite large/bulky/messy software thing called "windows" ;)

Daid posted on Jul 28 2006 at 07:24 PM said:

Hey! I've heard of that! Wasn't it some kind of Virus which leaves your computer choking for air as it's resources get increasingly used up as the days pass? ;)

Lobo posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
Daid posted on Jul 28 2006 at 07:24 PM said:

Hey! I've heard of that! Wasn't it some kind of Virus which leaves your computer choking for air as it's resources get increasingly used up as the days pass? ;)

Sure does! And whats even more chocking is that a large portion of the worlds computers seem to be infekted with it! There seems to be a cure though, still in pretty early stages but sure looks prommising. Whats it called again... um.. Linux! Yes, thats it, Linux.

:p

I tried porting it a while ago, but time issues got in the way. Maybe I'll take it up as a winter project, but it's going to take a lot of code (like a total overhaul of the core, not kidding) to get this thing away from DirectX.

Back