youtube

zohnnyg

is youtube running well on pandora? if it is how do the longer videos run? does it take long to load longer videos?

I have tried MiniTube, but unfortunately this does not work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know for sure. All I did was download the .PND file and put it on my SD card. Then I executed it from the desktop and it ran like normal. However, the program does not play anything. The download function is also not working. That function should be used to download a Flash video and then play it while it's already on your SD card.

So far I've concluded there is no decent Flash functionality as of yet. But I did read that some people are already actively working on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried version 1.3 a few seconds ago, and indeed it works.

I downloaded 1.3 from sebt3 and it still skips to the next video on 320p after about 10 seconds...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58315-flash-player-on-pandora/

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58328-farmville-works-on-pandora/

I can confirm this works.

Flash on firefox in 3 easy steps:

1. uninstall swfdec by typing this in the terminal:

Code:
sudo opkg --force-depends remove swfdec-mozilla swfdec-gnome swfdec

2. Download this:

http://www.renegade-uiq.com/adobe-flash-10.1-maemo5.tar.gz.torrent

3. open terminal in the directory you download the file to and type this:

Code:
sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

Enjoy :)

ps, this assumes you have already downloaded and used the firefox pnd.

I know its really easy to do those steps (I will follow it to the letter) but it would be really nice if someone write a quick bash script and packeged it up as a pnd so it did that that automatically for you :p

by the way im using the firefox 4 beta pnd will it work with that?

the script is a good idea, I wonder if you can control Transmission with command lines. I'll check it out tonight if no one else does by then.

Firefox 4 I'm not sure of but I see no reason why not, MikeL over at GP32x used it with Chromium and it worked.

[EDIT] had some extra time on my lunch break so I downloaded firefox 4 and the plugin worked fine with it.

I know its really easy to do those steps (I will follow it to the letter) but it would be really nice if someone write a quick bash script and packeged it up as a pnd so it did that that automatically for you :p

This would be cool.Make it nice and easy for people like me..

ok I followed your steps to get it working, but the flash performance is really really poor in general. IMO

I've tried putting the ff4 beta pnd on my sd card (under pandora/menu), but it's not listed at all.

Back