Your Top 5

Five is hard....

1. EverQuest* (I just know I'm going to burn for this one...)
2. Chrono Trigger (Or Cross, depends on the phase of the moon)
3. Xenogears
4. Final Fantasy VIII (Love them all, only listing one or there would be 3 or 4 on this list =)
5. DooM (1, 2, and/or Final, in that order - I do not acknowledge 3 as a part of the series)

And the next five since I can't just stop there:

6. Morrowind
7. Blood
8. No One Lives Forever 2 (The trailer park level is my favorite moment in an FPS ever)
9. Terranigma
10. The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

* - "EverQuest" is defined as the game prior to the Luclin expansion pack, where the game really lost its charm IMO. I was able to break free from that game's grasp after four years, and while it was rather disruptive to my life, I would never take it back.

I have a particular penchant for RPGs. I like my RPGs either story-centric (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Xenogears) or very immersive (Morrowind, EverQuest, Shenmue**). I'm looking forward to Oblivion, and am hoping an MMORPG comes along that can capture the same sense of adventure and immersiveness that EQ had.

And finally, just to clarify, I don't considerin Zelda or Terranigma to be RPGs. I consider them Adventure or Action/Adventure.

-OCA|

EDIT: ** Shenmue didn't make the top 10, it would be 11 or 12

Yeah, 5 is hard. :p

1) Final Fantasy saga (7 being my favorite)
2) Zelda serie (Well, exluding the GC one)
3) Mario RPG (First rpg I ever played ^^)
4) Duke 3D
5) Castlevania DS (well, it's great)

I have more games I quite like a lot, but I guess this is pretty much my favorite list.

I have a particular penchant for RPGs. I like my RPGs either story-centric (Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Xenogears) or very immersive (Morrowind, EverQuest, Shenmue**). I'm looking forward to Oblivion, and am hoping an MMORPG comes along that can capture the same sense of adventure and immersiveness that EQ had.

And finally, just to clarify, I don't considerin Zelda or Terranigma to be RPGs. I consider them Adventure or Action/Adventure.

I agree on both points. =)

1) X-Wing
2) Day of Tentacles
3) Ufo x-Com
4) Monkey Island series
5) Cyberdeck

1) Mortal Kombat II (Arcade)
2) SF II: Turbo Hyper Fighting (Arcade)
3) Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive)
4) Sega Rally 2 (Dreamcast)
5) Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)

gp32_console :lol: :ph34r:

Top 5 - so difficult

Alternate Reality: The Dungeon (Atari 800\XE\XL)
Warcraft 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Civilisation
Fallout

Though "The Movies" on the PC - almost crept in there. Though all RPG fans should of played Alternate Reality and Fallout.

Back