Your Top 5

hired gun

Hey gang, I know that there are some top 100 lists out there for just about every system, but I kind of wanted to "nail it down" to a top 5 in order to save time, LOL . I am a "Sonic addict" so I've never really "explored" outside of those games, and am always looking for something new and interesting to play. So I was hoping that each one of you could list your top 5 games for your favorite system here, and that would give everyone an chance to "discover" new and hopefully exciting games. My top five would read like this ---G.G. Sonicx5, SMS Sonicx5, Genisis Sonicx5, LOLOL. Although I have to admit that Alex Kid (Wonder Boy in some parts of the world?????????) is also fun to play, above all the Genisis version. As you can tell I'm very loyal to Sega, lol, so it would also be nice to "get to know" some other systems. Thanks, H.G. ;) :D

1: Final Fantasy
2: Dragon Quest/Warrior
3: Secret of Mana
4: Breath of Fire
5: Wizardry

1 and 2 are a tie.

They are series, not individual games.

For specific games -

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy 6j (3 North American)
Dragon Warrior VII
Wizardry VII
Dragon Wars (old DOS based EGA graphics - but fantastic RPG)

You might say I like RPGs :D

Earlier post about c64, which is my favorite system:

Eolair posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:55 AM said:
I may be too late but I'm still going to post my top 10 list:

1. Great Giana Sisters - Yes it's a clone but it's still the best platform game ever!
2. Boulder Dash - Highly addictive. Just one more level!
3. Uridium - Fantastic idea. Best side shooter ever!
4. Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior - Off with the head! off with the head!
5. Bubble Bobble - So cute, and so fun!
6. IK+ - Best fighting game for the c64. Hubbard's music is top notch.
7. Silent Service - Feel the tension.
8. R-Type - Incredible shooter (the clone Katakis is better but R-Type still gets the credit).
9. Last Ninja 2 - Has everything. Even better than the first!
10. Defender of the Crown - Ground breaking strategy.

Just outside top 10, in no particular order:
Pirates!, Salamander, Bruce Lee, Arkanoid, Delta, Katakis/Denaris, Last Ninja, Spy Hunter, Sanxion, Wizball, BMX Simulator, Kickstart 2, Monty on the Run, Paperboy, Outrun, Ghost 'n' Goblins, Gauntlet, Commando, Green Beret, Parallax, Armalyte, Rambo, Cobra, Nemesis the Warlock, Nemesis, Leaderbord Golf, Gyruss, Pitstop II, Cybernoid, Cybernoid II, Nebulus, Montezuma's Revenge, Operation Wolf, Jack the Nipper II, Krakout ...and many many more that I can't remember right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier post about c64, which is my favorite system:

Eolair posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:55 AM said:
I may be too late but I'm still going to post my top 10 list:

1. Great Giana Sisters - Yes it's a clone but it's still the best platform game ever!
2. Boulder Dash - Highly addictive. Just one more level!
3. Uridium - Fantastic idea. Best side shooter ever!
4. Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior - Off with the head! off with the head!
5. Bubble Bobble - So cute, and so fun!
6. IK+ - Best fighting game for the c64. Hubbard's music is top notch.
7. Silent Service - Feel the tension.
8. R-Type - Incredible shooter (the clone Katakis is better but R-Type still gets the credit).
9. Last Ninja 2 - Has everything. Even better than the first!
10. Defender of the Crown - Ground breaking strategy.

Just outside top 10, in no particular order:
Pirates!, Salamander, Bruce Lee, Arkanoid, Delta, Katakis/Denaris, Last Ninja, Spy Hunter, Sanxion, Wizball, BMX Simulator, Kickstart 2, Monty on the Run, Paperboy, Outrun, Ghost 'n' Goblins, Gauntlet, Commando, Green Beret, Parallax, Armalyte, Rambo, Cobra, Nemesis the Warlock, Nemesis, Leaderbord Golf, Gyruss, Pitstop II, Cybernoid, Cybernoid II, Nebulus, Montezuma's Revenge, Operation Wolf, Jack the Nipper II, Krakout ...and many many more that I can't remember right now...

I keep seeing Great Giana Sisters pop up every now and then on all kinds of different forums, so I think I must be on to something. By "clone" you mean "hack" don't you????? Thanks for the ideas, keep em' coming, H.G.

my top 5. most you won't be playing on a handheld:

1) tekken tag (arcade (it's shite on ps2) )
2) time crisis (arcade (it's shite on psx) )
3) power instinct (arcade, not bad on megadrive)
4) advance wars (gba+ds)
5) street fighter ex plus (psx/arcade same)

No, Great Giana Sisters was a ripoff-clone of Super Mario World, not a hack.

Nintendo never released a version of SMW for the C-64 but when Great Giana Sisters came out, the Nintendo legal hounds stomped ALL OVER the developer.

There wasn't a lot of sympathy from people however since Ninty didn't feel the c-64 worthy of their game, they were happy to support someone who made a version. It was wildly spread by the c-64 community. :)

And it was a beaut.

For other good c-64 games, Paradroid (by the same guy who did Uridium) Summer Games I, II, Winter games, World games, Alternate Reality: The Dungeon, Legacy of the Ancients....I could go on and on. I grew up on a c-64 and then an Amiga before the computer world got assimilated by the Micro$oft collective.

1. Legend Of Zelda:A Link to the Past (BEST RPG EVER!!!!)
2. Smash TV
3. Phantasy Star 4
4. Vectorman
5. Ninja Spirit

I have too much... here are few

- Lemmings
- Aladdin
- Yoshi's Island
- Doom
- Starcraft

Not in order

-Final Fantasy VII (psx)
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (snes)
-Silent Hill 2 (xbox\ps2)
-Halo 2 (xbox)
-Morrowind (xbox)

mmhh... 5 are not enough...

can we use any system?

if so -
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PC)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
Harvest Moon (SNES)
Jumpman (C64)
GPSpout (GP32)

if only GP-Able:
GPSpout (GP32)
SMB 3 (NES)
Harvest Moon (SNES)
Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Speedball 2 (SMS)

1. ZZT
2. DDR
3. Starcraft
4. Civilization 2
5. Sim City 2000

ZZT, didn't think anyone remembered that game! Whenever I asked someone if they remembered it I just got blank looks. Good idea though, it would be fun but it would have to be totaly re-written for the console I think because the original source code was lost. :(

Oh, a Top 10 Post thing..

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask [Nintendo 64]
2. ICO [Playstation 2]
3. Fighters Megamix [Sega Saturn]
4. Shenmue II [Dreamcast] (Would of been better if Sega kept the REAL Yuan)
5. No One Lives Forever [PC]

As tekt would say.. if only GP2X Able.

1. Final Fantasy VI [SNES]
2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX [GBC]
3. Super Mario World [SNES]
4. Yossy's Island [SNES]
5. Ganbare Goemon: Kirakira Dochuu [SNES]

Ding-ding, done. Edit - Shenmue II, how could I possibly leave it out..

In no particular order:

-Lemmings (basically the first game I ever played:D)
-Advance wars series (and I suspect I'd enjoy famicom/super famicom and gameboy wars if I understood Japanese)
-Doom 1&2
-Super Mario Advance (ie Super Mario World)
-Breath of Fire (1, 2, 3 never played DQ or 4) or Dragon Quest/Warrior (and the :Monsters spinoffs) or Golden Sun 1+2... too hard to choose between :)

5 really isn't enough though ;)

My top 5:
1. Doom1/2
2. ShadowWarrior
3. ChuckEgg
4. Master of Magic
5. Draconus

These are games I was most impressed at the time.

1 - StreetFighter 2 Turbo
2 - Ikaruga
3 - Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
4 - Paradroid
5 - Frequency

Chances of seeing most of those surface on the GPX2 is pretty slim though... Hmm, programming a nice shooter, that's an idea for the summer ;)

So many games so little time, LOL. Still haven't seen anyone put down Alex Kidd(wonder boy), hasn't anyone else tried these games????????? H.G.

wonder boy and alex kidd are different games!

I had quite a lot of fun on the original wonderboy a while ago, think it was on the arcade version and I got really far in it

Back