Your Advice Is Greatly Appriciated


Spadoof

Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
198
Location
Outer Heaven!
Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

As you can probably tell by the title, I'm looking for some advice. I want to get a electronic device for web browsing, ssh, music, videos and the occasional game. I have $250 to spend. I myself was thinking of a PSP Go, but the web browser kinda sucks and Sonys real anal about hacks and custom firmware. Anyways if anyone has a device in mind please post. I would love to get a Pandora, but I'm gonna wait for the second batch. Also Im not really looking to get a phone either, just something with wifi capabilities.

Thanks for your advice,
-Spadoof
 
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
215
Location
Ohio, USA
lulzfish said:
I was going to suggest the Nokia N810 Internet tabletablet, but apparently it's around $450. Damn...

$380.45 here:

http://www.ambientweather.com/dbn63708.html

;)

Doesn't help out the OP, unfortunately.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ravnos

Asleep in Samsara
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
2,499
Age
39
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
Visit site
lulzfish said:
I was going to suggest the Nokia N810 Internet tabletablet, but apparently it's around $450. Damn...

You're looking in the wrong places. My friend bought his for under CA$300 over 6 months ago.

In any case, the N8x0 tablets are good devices but they're at the point where I'd strongly consider something newer unless you can get one for $200-ish or less.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
793
Age
31
Location
100ft from the sea
get a wiz or a dingoo... in fact you could probably get a dingoo & some kinda MID for that much. Mp4nation has some good ones in stock, I'd look around there for somethin.
 

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
510
Age
31
Location
U.S.A.
Get an iPod touch. End of discussion. Wi-fi, games, email, music, movies, cracking possibilities, endless possibilities...
 
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
215
Location
Ohio, USA
aesir911 said:
Get an iPod touch. End of discussion. Wi-fi, games, email, music, movies, cracking possibilities, endless possibilities...

Yeah, gotta love those D-pads.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
510
Age
31
Location
U.S.A.
Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
Get an iPod touch. End of discussion. Wi-fi, games, email, music, movies, cracking possibilities, endless possibilities...

zune hd > ipod touch

ah you're one of those apple haters... sorry, but the zune hd is a piece of crap. how many "apps" do they have now? 9 vs. the touch's 50,000+? oled is overrated. You cannot see a thing in the bright light and it wears down very rapidly. The web browser is an absolute joke too...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
510
Age
31
Location
U.S.A.
lulzfish said:
aesir911 said:
Get an iPod touch. ... endless possibilities...

Unless you want to legitimately run unchecked native code on it. Or use a keyboard.

it has a keyboard... (i know it's not perfect, but it is the best thing, according to what he wants, for under $250)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

danielliu88888

i'm kind of hungry.
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
1,370
Age
13
Location
North California
Website
Visit site
aesir911 said:
Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
Get an iPod touch. End of discussion. Wi-fi, games, email, music, movies, cracking possibilities, endless possibilities...

zune hd > ipod touch

ah you're one of those apple haters... sorry, but the zune hd is a piece of crap. how many "apps" do they have now? 9 vs. the touch's 50,000+? oled is overrated. You cannot see a thing in the bright light and it wears down very rapidly. The web browser is an absolute joke too...
obviously they're not going to have as many apps as the ipod touch. most apps on the ipod touch are shit anyways, so the quantity doesn't matter. have you ever seen oled? compared next to the ipod touch's screen, it's a lot better. it only wears down rapidly if you use it 24/7 or something. i do wish the web browser was better though.


but yeah, apple does suck
 
Last edited by a moderator:

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
510
Age
31
Location
U.S.A.
yeah, thought so. it's all about a vendetta/prejudice, not about quality. (most of the ipod apps may be shiz, but ALL of the zune apps are shiz). whatever, i was like that too a couple years ago (when all apple stuff WAS crap). they've only survived by milking off of microsoft, but now the tables have turned... slightly...


Zune HD cons:
-no camera
-lack of apps (and they have adds...)
-smaller screen
-not many companies make accessories for it
-no nike+ support
-no speaker
-NO YOUTUBE/FLASH VIDEO SUPPORT. Basically cant watch videos in the browser
-web browser is a joke
-what's with the screws???
-no SDK for independent App development
-smaller (narrower) screen than touch
 

Titcher

Active Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
539
aesir911 said:
yeah, thought so. it's all about a vendetta/prejudice, not about quality. (most of the ipod apps may be shiz, but ALL of the zune apps are shiz). whatever, i was like that too a couple years ago (when all apple stuff WAS crap). they've only survived by milking off of microsoft, but now the tables have turned... slightly...

You should end your argument. You claim the others are just prejudiced, but I bet you haven't used a Zune HD. Ignorance can happen on both sides. Although they're right, apple do suck :p

I recommend a dingoo, no wifi, but should be good enough to kill your time while you wait for something ideal, and it's very cheap too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

aesir911

aesir triumphs
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
510
Age
31
Location
U.S.A.
Titcher said:
aesir911 said:
yeah, thought so. it's all about a vendetta/prejudice, not about quality. (most of the ipod apps may be shiz, but ALL of the zune apps are shiz). whatever, i was like that too a couple years ago (when all apple stuff WAS crap). they've only survived by milking off of microsoft, but now the tables have turned... slightly...

You should end your argument. You claim the others are just prejudiced, but I bet you haven't used a Zune HD. Ignorance can happen on both sides. Although they're right, apple do suck :p

I recommend a dingoo, no wifi, but should be good enough to kill your time while you wait for something ideal, and it's very cheap too.

i have both... i thought the zune hd was going to be a revolutionary gaming device. or at least something similar to a tablet. big fail, just another mp3 player.







[sorry for posting up a storm on your thread spadoof. whether the zune hd is better than the ipod touch or not, the ipod touch is the best fit for your price range. there is no cheap handheld emulator with wi-fi capabilities. if you do want a netbook, i found one in your price range...$187 including shipping...]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tokiopop

Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
398
Age
27
Location
England
aesir911 said:
Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
Get an iPod touch. End of discussion. Wi-fi, games, email, music, movies, cracking possibilities, endless possibilities...

zune hd > ipod touch

ah you're one of those apple haters... sorry, but the zune hd is a piece of crap. how many "apps" do they have now? 9 vs. the touch's 50,000+? oled is overrated. You cannot see a thing in the bright light and it wears down very rapidly. The web browser is an absolute joke too...
And how many of those are iFart apps? ;)

Just kidding, I'm a bit of an Apple fanboy too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top