yogg

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
when yogg came out i hardly knew the ogg fileformat
now i encode all my mp3's to it to play them on yogg, the compression is incredible, the quality amazing :)
i was just wondering when yoyo was gonna release a next version?
i know he's probably optimising his code and fixing memory leaks and so on, but just a small in between version, with just some small fixes to the gui would be wonderfull, because for example: i now got an 128 Mb smc full of ogg files, if i want to add them to the play list (all of them) i got to do them one by one, and it takes about a second for each file :s
than can be fixed easily
also the playlist should be possible to be shuffled :), otherwise you know everytime wich song is coming next, and that's quite boring
these are 2 small things that shouldn't take much time at all, and would make a nice release 0.1b or so :)

something a bit more difficult to fix is the fact that the sound output is not meant for small devices, on the gamepark speakers, or a headset the sound isn't really impressive, but when i connected my gp32 to our big stereo here, i was amazed at the quality of the sound, it was simply perfect (and that for a 64 kb/s ogg!!! I hope you're gonna make some equaliser or so in your next version (this is obviously not meant for a quick update)

I haven't tried this yet. Is it that good? What do you use to convert MP3s to Ogg? How much can you lower the bitrate by to get the same quality as MP3?

64 kb/s? I tend to go for 190 kb/s on MP3 so this could save a lot of space for me. I will probably go for ogg slightly higher than 64 though as the stuff I listen too is not particularly high fidelity (60's garage punk etc).

Lower bitrate OGGs have same quality has high bitrate MP3s, try converting 1 MP3 to 64 and other to a tiny bit higher if any differene that you will notice perticulary, use the tiny bit higher one

I have also just discovered the OGG format. It is amazing.

In the new version I would love a shuffle/random feature, funtional savable playlist and tag reading (as mentioned by Axeman).

I use winLAME to encode all my MP3s to .ogg at 64kbts.

Please don't spam. ^

dBpoweramp is good for converting alsmost anything to OGG. The main things I want now in OGG are
1) SAVEABLE playlist OR a play-all button
2) ability to read long filenames OR display track title instead of filename

when i play oggs yogg cuts off the last 2 seconds or so of each ogg.
any1 noticed a problem like this?
i really love this format, and this player is sugoi! ^_^y

i echo all the above - i now have an smc dedicated to ogg files ! never gotten into ogg before but as mentioned, at 64kbps i do think they compare to 128mp3s.. a great trade-off and i've squeezed about 7 hours of music onto the thing

I have just tried this and it is very good indeed, should be able to get hours on a 128 smc. I hope the features Racemaniac suggests get implemented.

Cant the guy who made the other ogg player combine forces with yoyo to merge their projects? his player runs at like 40 or 60 hz or sumthin and thats enough for really high bitrates.

@ Dozer : No! Keep the competition. they should strive to get the best player!

Anyway, i dont know what this is about, but when i use yogg, it skipps the 1st 5or 6 tracks. why?

did you try putting... different songs? or you talk about 3 songs from a CD

if different songs in the slots i do not know why
if 3 songs, then re-compress them

Back