Yinlip G80

G80_4.jpg

G80_2.jpg

G80_1.jpg

Features

System:Windows CE 5.0

CPU:SAMSUNG S3C2443 533MHZ

4.3 inch Touch screen( 480X272)

Built-in 64M flash memory and support MINI SD card(up to 4GB)

support to read U-disk,Mp3/4 player

Support double camera,take photos and web-camera

Network port & support to connect outside keyboard and soft keyboard in system

Built-in WIFI antenna(SAMSUNG A20), wireless internet

Support the ethernet, wire internet

Support USB1.1/2.0HOST

Media player : Music:MP3、WMA、WAV; Movie:WMV、AVI、MPEG、ASF、MP4、3GP

Support to browse internet、receive and send Email、MSN、SKYPE

Support to read Word、EXCEL、PDF、powerpoint document

Game:support network games

Network dial-in : ADSL dial-in

E-book reader

Picture browser:BMP,JPG,PNG

Built-in microphone recording,LINE IN function

Electronic dictionary, Calculator,Paint brush,Calendar

Software manager: to add or remove application

System setting: to set system time, date, network, sound and so on

a few more pictures:

g80_5.jpg

g80_6.jpg

g80_7.jpg

g80_8.jpg

g80_9.jpg

G80_office.jpg

Office
g80_msn.jpg

MSN
G80_Movic.jpg

Movies
g80_wifi.jpg

Wifi!!!

And the Price:USD159.99

you can find more information about it, here, go to MID and look for G80.

what do you think??

please, any mod, edit his post to make it easier to read.

and how big is it? it looks like you just copypasta'd the information from the website.

also, windows CE? :/

That Samsung Chipset has an ARM920T... which is the same CPU the GP2X F100 / F200 have (here it's just higher clocked).

No wonder it's that cheap, this thing really isn't up-to-date cpu-wise.

Crappy pad and only four buttons... No, thanks.

EvilDragon said:
That Samsung Chipset has an ARM920T... which is the same CPU the GP2X F100 / F200 have (here it's just higher clocked).

No wonder it's that cheap, this thing really isn't up-to-date cpu-wise.

In all fairness, the Wiz's CPU isn't really much different - okay, it's ARMv5 instead of ARMv4 but that actually doesn't really tend to help an awful lot. This is also quite bigger and good for people who like widescreen, bad for people who like emulation and other 320x240 or smaller things (in before DaveC). Shame they're screwing up the controls.. why is this so hard to get right? Put shoulder buttons and start/select on it! Sigh, these things always have to be ruined by something relatively easy to have avoided.

Also, wired ethernet.. ha. Good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jornada has a keyboard, it's clearly WAY better.
With Windows CE running, though, they both kinda suck, and I don't expect much graphical acceleration.
Gotta have my portable OpenGL.

Anyone else notice their "RJ-45 Port" is actually a USB Mini connector? Looks dodgy as hell. That screen doesn't look good either, and... ADSL Dial-In? What?

thats no rival, thats a joke!, no build in keybord, no opensource linux, no 2 nubs, no 2 sdhc kartrigte slots, the cpu from the gp2x thats absolutly no rival..

Using the keyboard looks like a pain in the rear, not to mention that you probably can't play N64 games on it... And the fact that it's missing open source....

EDIT: Video!

Jeez, it took him 10 minutes to explain that it was a piece of crap...
I hate watching videos.

But considering the price, it would almost be a good replacement for my Z22, if I didn't think the Pandora was going to obsolete both of them in another few months.

Jourdy288 said:
not to mention that you probably can't play N64 games on it...

Probably? It has no 3D hardware, considerably less RAM and a processor that is 4 generations older than the Pandora running at a lower clock speed and you think it "probably" can't run N64 games? Seriously...

It looks pretty cool, especially with all the accessories included and the nice price tag too. Unfortunately not for me I'm afraid.
unsure.gif

Xian Long said:
please, any mod, edit his post to make it easier to read.

and how big is it? it looks like you just copypasta'd the information from the website.

also, windows CE? :/

easy to read?? are you blind??!!, how big?? are you using dial-up?? it took less than 30 seconds using my cellphone as a modem!!!

and yes the WinCE is really dissapointing, but check the hardware, it look very similar to the GP2X, plus wifi and some others.

atomicthumbs said:
HP Jornada 728: possible OpenPandora rival?

j728.jpg

C'mon!! are you kidding me?

The jornada is 7 years old, no wifi, no usb host, no sd card support, not even a game pad.

check the accessories and you will find your keyboard.

Tag5 said:
It looks pretty cool, especially with all the accessories included and the nice price tag too. Unfortunately not for me I'm afraid.
unsure.gif

Finally!!! look at the price, look at the form factor, look the accessories and the fact that it is already out!!

Are you guys seriously going to tell me that you will choose a Dingoo over this?

lulzfish said:

I think he's complaining about the formatting

In the bullet list of features

You copied

yeah??

i think??

lulzfish hit!!??

the nail

right on the!!

head??

i would choose a dingoo over this. unlike the pandora, it can't replace a laptop as well and it doesn't look to good for gaming, or much, really.

Franz! said:
and yes the WinCE is really dissapointing, but check the hardware, it look very similar to the GP2X, plus wifi and some others.

How much of a competitor to the Pandora do you think the GP2X is?

check the accessories and you will find your keyboard.

Keyboard, meet coffee. Coffee, meet keyboard. You're comedy gold. That keyboard is huge. How is that a competitor for the Pandora's portability?

Are you guys seriously going to tell me that you will choose a Dingoo over this?

Yes - the Dingoo looks a lot better than this. And the Dingoo isn't a competitor to the Pandora.

D.

Back