Yet More Unofficial Pandora Artwork

WoD

Website
www.gadgetoid.com
pandorawithiconsopen.jpg

pandorawithiconsclosed.jpg

Implementing some other community ideas that have surfaced in various threads. Massive thanks to Nikkopt for the fantastic renders.

The keen eye will recognize cues from a GP2X icon or two.

Looks very nice. My one suggestion is to use the colors you were using in your other pictures/the ones traylorpark is using. I think these are a bit too bright.

Great!

My suggestions: add one color to the raimbow, remove the SD card, add some "concentric" Wi-fi rays like ")))" coming from the left side of the Pandora...

WoD said:
Implementing some other community ideas that have surfaced in various threads. Massive thanks to Nikkopt for the fantastic renders.
I’ll have to say, having an image of your pandora as your pandora’s wallpaper is pretty useless (you have the beast on your hands!). But on your desktop it might be useful. Here is quick& (very) dirty mashup, until you can post a higher resolution wallpaper:

Last edited by a moderator:
aissen said:

I don't know why I'm posting the non-wallpaper versions in 800x480... just makes things easier I guess.

Here's a 1440x900 for people with weird laptops (MacBook Pro 15")
openpandora2-1440x900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I've never seen that de-fragger before. Never really got more creative than full reinstalls when it came to windows management.

I've switched to doing more productive things, comparatively speaking, now but will probably get tempted into spamming some more artwork.

Really really pretty images. Really. Pretty.

I can't help but think a lot of these ideas could be very very successfully incorporated into startup animations, if those end up being customisable.

An interesting experiment in continuity and flow might be to set up said animation so that the final frame of the animation was the desktop background, with the interface appearing on top of it. Could look interesting, although it's probably off topic for here.

The first one, with the 5 coloured dots, apparently looks good as a startup image. It would be nice to animate them (perhaps pulsating briefly before becoming solid) and finish up with the image as pictured for the desktop background.

An idea: What about the Pandora logo disguised as the ones of classic systems? Commodore 64, Atari, Sinclair, Amstrad, Amiga, NES...

hi again, first i see the video running Quake 2, ( i dont know if is at 30fps), but these realtime frames are looking good as the old Nostalgic Voodoo graphics. I know that these computing is from x86 arq. but now the 3d graphics are revolutioning the handheld devices, Pandora is for the 3d graphics too :)

if we are talking about pocket devices,... my GBC is still down :(

sorry if my english is so bad, and greetings from latinAmerica

Sorry about your gameboy.
I wasn't sure what your post was talikng about, but if you were talking about making a retro-looking 3d logo for the Pandora, I think that's a great idea.

Back