Yet Another Gp2x Svg File

bja

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Here's my attempt at a svg of the gp2x. It's not completely finished yet, but for small icons you can't tell :)

gp2x_thumb.png

Here it is in a larger format. And here's the svg file. It will probably look like crap in anything other than inkscape, because that's what I use. Anyway, this work is now in public domain.

Looks very cool - the volume button seems slightly off when rendered in Firefox, but the rest is marvellous :) Since your pngs show it fine, I guess it's a rendering difference you anticipated with the Inkscape note.

Thanks! :)

fireflly2442 posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
They come in different colors?

No, don't think so, I just got a little carried away. Would be cool if the did, though. I really want a pink one for my fiancee. She absolutely loves that thing! :)

critical posted on Dec 13 2006 at 03:16 PM said:
Looks very cool - the volume button seems slightly off when rendered in Firefox, but the rest is marvellous :) Since your pngs show it fine, I guess it's a rendering difference you anticipated with the Inkscape note.

I think it's just the background that's missing. For some reason becomes transparent when viewed outside inkscape. Some colors loke different too. And I know what you mean, should probably do something about that volume button :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bja posted on Dec 13 2006 at 08:52 AM said:
Here's my attempt at a svg of the gp2x. It's not completely finished yet, but for small icons you can't tell :)

gp2x_thumb.png

Here it is in a larger format. And here's the svg file. It will probably look like crap in anything other than inkscape, because that's what I use. Anyway, this work is now in public domain.
why should it look crap in anything but inkscape? as long as its svg compliant :)

it looks just as the png in kde's svg renderer

Redeeman posted on Dec 13 2006 at 07:29 PM said:
why should it look crap in anything but inkscape? as long as its svg compliant :)

it looks just as the png in kde's svg renderer

I've only tried firefox and eog, neither renders it correctly. And I doubt these are the only ones. But it's good to know that it works in kde. So then it probably looks like crap in anything but inkscape and kde :p

This is really slick. I plan on using it in the background for a Tilematch theme I'm working on if you don't mind. My theme will really just be from a lot of different sources. So far I have stuff from the public domain, GPL, Creative Commons, etc. I'm liking the way it's shaping up and I'll share it with the gp2x community when I'm done of course.

what prog did u use?
it looks incredible!!
see my attempt a 2x: my avatar.
mines not so good, eh?
bet you took more than an hour.
if you didnt please tell me the proper way to worship you. :p

purple_goat posted on Dec 14 2006 at 03:49 PM said:
what prog did u use?
it looks incredible!!
mines not so good, eh?

He used Inkscape.

It will probably look like crap in anything other than inkscape, because that's what I use.

Wikipedia Entry for Inkscape

Inkscape is an open source vector graphics editor. Its stated goal is to become a powerful graphic tool while being fully compliant with the XML, SVG and CSS standards. It is a cross-platform application that runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Unix-like operating systems; the primary development platform is Linux.

Cheezer posted on Dec 14 2006 at 02:05 PM said:
This is really slick. I plan on using it in the background for a Tilematch theme I'm working on if you don't mind. My theme will really just be from a lot of different sources. So far I have stuff from the public domain, GPL, Creative Commons, etc. I'm liking the way it's shaping up and I'll share it with the gp2x community when I'm done of course.

No, I don't mind. It's just fun. Good Luck with your theme! GP2X in GP2X, that will be interesting :)

purple_goat posted on Dec 14 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
what prog did u use?
it looks incredible!!
mines not so good, eh?

Hey I'm just learning this shit. It takes me an hour just to align a few buttons :) I use Inkscape because it's uncomplicated, stable, and free. You may want to check out Xara Xtreme, though. It has some very nice features and is free for Linux. Look here for people worthy of worship.

I like your avatar, it's cute. Makes me think of KITT :)

bja posted on Dec 14 2006 at 04:08 PM said:
Cheezer posted on Dec 14 2006 at 02:05 PM said:

No, I don't mind. It's just fun. Good Luck with your theme! GP2X in GP2X, that will be interesting :)

purple_goat posted on Dec 14 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
what prog did u use?
it looks incredible!!
mines not so good, eh?

Hey I'm just learning this shit. It takes me an hour just to align a few buttons :) I use Inkscape because it's uncomplicated, stable, and free. You may want to check out Xara Xtreme, though. It has some very nice features and is free for Linux. Look here for people worthy of worship.

I like your avatar, it's cute. Makes me think of KITT :)

uhhh thanks
ink scape looks good :D

Back