YAY!!! I took the plunge

Sul...

Still Fresh
After getting fed up with people outbidding me in the final seconds, I bought a FLU GP32 from Lik-Sang a few hours ago :D

So that should be on its way pretty soon :D :D :D :D :D

Now whilst not being new to the whole emu scene I am quite wet around the ears when it comes to the GP32.

Are there web pages with decent downloads, shops with decent gamesetc.

I'm also a web designer and currently working on a hign end games site, so if all goes well and I'm impressed I might do a dedicated GP32 site :D

Anyway, whatever happens, I think I'll be sticking around here quite a bit :D so hello people.

This piost is a bit random and not very good in the grammar area, sorry, I'm a bit tired :blink:

I hope your not frankie_doughnuts or steve1970hoy, as i am the notorius 97trowl, pain in the ar*e to ebay users world wide buy bidding a whole 67p more than them in the last 2 seconds.

Sorry!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHA I am Frankie_Doughnuts LOL

I can't thank you enough for bidding me out, six seconds too go also.

I the last few minutes I realised the unit is NOT backlite and therefore the price was more than a brand new unit :S

Err... you do know that it's not back lite, right?

Yeah i do, i bid for 2 reasons:
1. I needed the unit fairly swifitsh as i go on holiday on friday.

2. Even though i asked them to mark it as a "Gift" or lower my invoice, neither of these happened and so i was charged import tax which bumped up the price by some margin.

Plus id emailed the guy and hes been dead friendly and offered me support in many aspects.

Glad everythings worked out though! :p

Yeah, I'm happy we are both happy :D

I want mine sharpish cos the wife is going into hospital soon to have our 3rd kid :huh: so I want something to take away the bordem for both of us :lol:

Welcome aboard.

you'll find us a pleasent simple folk in this area ;)

I too only took the plunge last month, and dont regret a thing.

I've been thinking of getting one for awhile now, and just decided to do it tonight. I'll place my order at lik-sang within the next few days. I will probably around quite a bit once I get it.

IMO, You should order from someplace else. Lik-Sang charges too much. Order from play-asia, entware, or gbax.

I agree. I got mine from lik-sang and customs took great pleasure in biting my wallet off at the elbow. A guy at work bought an FLU version from gbax for less than I ended up paying. My, was I annoyed.

:eek:

Oh crap! Does that mean I'm gonna have to pay £30 or so when the posty knocks??

DAGNAMIT! I just paid like £30 delivery. I never read anything about paying the posty when he knocks GRRRRRRRR :angry:

Wait a minute, I haven't got thirty quid in cash :blink: anyone know how I'm meant to pay him?

You should have read my posts or others posts that ask where to buy a gp32. I still don't know why people still buy their GP32 from lik-sang.

Azure posted on Jul 29 2003 said:
You should have read my posts or others posts that ask where to buy a gp32. I still don't know why people still buy their GP32 from lik-sang.
Guess it's cos they are a main company :S Like when people buy at Dixons (bastard company)

I wanted to pay with Paypal, I'm sure GBAX don't take paypal (I could be wrong though)

Last edited by a moderator:
NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 29 2003 said:
They use lik-sang cause of the $10 discount

:ph34r:
But annoyingly thats NOT on the front lit unit :( only the standard one :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here's the deal, buy a four pack of beer (no, I'm serious), when the postie knocks he MAY ask for the import duty. If you get on well with your postie, he may accidentally on purpose forget about the duty. if he doesn't jokingly tell him all youve got is a four pack of beer!! this may work, it has worked for me on a couple of occasions. The postie is now a good sunday night drinking buddy and never charges me the duty :p

The postie will not be penelised for not getting the duty.
Also once customs have opened a package and dicovered it is duty worthy you will prob be stung everytime.

I ordered from Lik-sang.

Cost 110 pounds all in (including 7.68 customs / royal mail fees).

I e-mailed them after placing the order to ensure that they would make the packaging "customs friendly".

Cheaper than GBAX.com, but I would probably order from GBAX if I was doing it again - less stress :D

Back