Yay Flashed First Time :d

kotd

Well finally flashed and only really to try gpcinema. After all the busted GP32 stories it was pretty freaky. Didn't take very long so I recommend to everyone whos worried its not that bad :p Oh and the official firmware is much better :)
By the way can I delete the .bin file?

Yeah, once you get windups and backrounds/icons you like, you won't want to switch back. It's really not all that dangerous, but things can still go wrong. I haven't tried teh new official FW, only the current release of MFW.

And yes, I believe it's ok to delete the bin file. ;)

kotd posted on May 16 2004 at 11:22 PM said:
Well finally flashed and only really to try gpcinema. After all the busted GP32 stories it was pretty freaky. Didn't take very long so I recommend to everyone whos worried its not that bad :p Oh and the official firmware is much better :)
By the way can I delete the .bin file?

I used Mr Spiv's fxe - I just ran it and it sorted out everything. Easiest thing I've ever done, the guy is talented.

Now I can upload and launch stuff with ease. I don't know about the risks involved, but if there were I seemed to avoid them

Last edited by a moderator:
its great.

You can handle the whole flashing process via one .fxe.

It allows you to auto boot into official fw, pacrom, pc link or wind-ups.

Now that i've discovered the joys of GPDrive and GPCinema has been released free i only ever need to boot to wind-ups.

I'd recommend mr spivs multifw v2 100%!

yes, spivs multi fw2 is really the best. i use windups as default and i truly recommend it.

and "the stories of misflashed gp32's" are mostly rumors, i guess. i remember 2 posts of misflashed ones and i'm here since october 03.

Yeah, and with Mr. Spiv's auto boot to pacrom, you can also set YAFL as default. B)

the only thing I dislike in MF2 is the bios monitor. I *know* its really useful for dev'vers but for me its a little annoying. Maybe a version without?

c0ncept posted on May 17 2004 at 02:59 AM said:
the only thing I dislike in MF2 is the bios monitor. I *know* its really useful for dev'vers but for me its a little annoying. Maybe a version without?
:D I kind of like it ... it's sort of a BSOD, only grey ... and not very deadly :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back