Blah

Wanna Be Programmer
Website
Visit site
pointless blabbing... ;)

Ya know, 3d realms realeased the Duke Nukem 3d source
Somebody should port Duke Nukem 3d, not just make a total conversion. <_<
A port would be better. :D

It uses the same type of engine that doom uses but it has more functions and wider area of expansion.

it could be ported and run full speed but i think it might have to be 133mhz for full speed and sound maybe less but id hope it be less.

So ya see... Its like Rise Of The Triad (Probably the same engine, since 3d Realms is lazy) :lol:

now now kiddy , that wasnt nice to say
why do people have to do this to people?
he was just stating a fact
I can say " ur gay " but I don't so leave him alone
jeez, why are some people so stuck up

~Octavious

Gorillazero posted on Mar 4 2004 at 10:04 PM said:
Wow you won the douche-of-the-universe award for this weekend. holy sh!t.

-Matt
<mock> you sir, have won the Dumbass award!</mock>
Insulting yourself with immense stupidity with a parody of a south park episode, my shit said funnier and more intelligent curse words than that!

Anyway i tink DUke3d and such used floating point stuff wich the gp32 cannot do, either that some opengl stuff, all i know is the engine cannot be ported due to some fancy shit i just said *unless i'm crazy, i've known to be crazy XD*

edit: damn didn't type fast enough, octovise got ehre first.
Oct: i do not think he's being stuck up; See:Top of this post, and notice his lame censor on: Shit.. fucking 13 year old here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasnt the game got essentially "normal" doom wad files, but with widgedtry inside the engine to make the user look up and down (the up and down looks horrible anyway) there may be a way to remove these features. what else could use more floating point than doom apart from this feature?

Maybe someone could start the project, maybe make a makefile or .bat and comment some of the code out, and get a dummy compile, and even upload that somewhere.

Gorillazero posted on Mar 5 2004 at 05:04 AM said:
Wow you won the douche-of-the-universe award for this weekend. holy sh!t.

-Matt
MATT =DELETED!!!!

The problem is Duke3D relies heavly on ASM code, and we know how much of a bitch it would be to have to re-write all that for a new processor.

It would be easier to have a JDOOM or ZDOOM engine (maybe as an extension to the existing Doom game) running with a Duke Wad over the top, then could be used for multiple games, rather than just Duke3d.

But do not know if source is available :unsure:

Duke is in C last I heard, not ASM- otherwise they might have well stuck a sign on saying 'intel inside' on it :) Seriously though, it's all the FP maths that's causes the problem. Now if some nice ARMbased pocket pc coder would kindly convert all the floats to integar like they did with quake....or have they already? anyone know if there is a pakm/pocketPC port of duke?

khephren posted on Mar 5 2004 at 11:43 AM said:
Duke is in C last I heard, not ASM- otherwise they might have well stuck a sign on saying 'intel inside' on it :) Seriously though, it's all the FP maths that's causes the problem. Now if some nice ARMbased pocket pc coder would kindly convert all the floats to integar like they did with quake....or have they already? anyone know if there is a pakm/pocketPC port of duke?
Whoops, my bad! I really thought it was, but I just checked the source and you're right, it is C. I could have sworn ASM was what put me off when I looked into trying to port it :lol:

Its in C but uses floating point math for some of the nifty features, but other than that its just the doom engine. Somone should try and remove these "features"

Why is everyone talking about the Doom-Engine??? The Duke has nothing to do with Doom. The Duke-Engine is a modified Build-Engine written by Ken Silverman (does any one know "Ken's Labyrinth". AND... the Build-Engine is much better than the ugly Doom-Engine because it features destructable walls, mirrors, High-Resulution [800x600] and a jumping Duke :) .

If you want to learn more about the Build-Engine visite Ken's Website:
http://advsys.net/ken/build.htm

If you want a OpenGL-port of Duke3D (for Win9x/2k/XP) visite:
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/buildport/duke3d/

If you want a SDL-Linux-Port visite:
http://icculus.org/duke3d/
http://cvs.icculus.org/horde/chora/cvs.php?rt=duke3d

Because there is a duke wad for Doom, and i thinkg Edge actually has the best mouselook engine for doom, it's like pure awsome or somtin *not sure* it all stays almost perfect 3d, no distortion on walls and objects

Back