Xvid Doesnt Work Anymore :)

Sonic-NKT

i allready encoded movies with xvid for gpcinema, but now i tried it again and the movies dont work. perhaps the new xvid codec doesnt work with gpcinema? cause the old xvid movies i made still work and i think i made it the same way..
so perhaps some of you could give me their settings or a link to a compatible xvid codec, thanks!!

ok then please gimme a link to an old version :)
i allready thought what you said!

thanks for the link, i deinstalled the new codec and then installed the old one from gp32eu... but still it doesnt work, the movies play now (the gp32 doesnt reset anymore) but on the gp32 its all crazy ;) and on my pc its totally dark... so something is still not working.. cant test it right now on another pc... any advises?

You have to re-encode those movies from scratch. Reencoding from newer xvid to an older xvid will likely create problems.

To be fair, I dont use Xvid - I've always had problems with it. The safest and surest way is Divx 4.12

You might also want to look at the Real Magic 4 codec. I think it turned out to be based on Xvid rather than an entirely new codec, but it gives me great results. Check out Octavious' fairly recent thread in the GPCinema forum for details. You'll need to read through a couple of pages of posts to find the settings he finally decided were best (and work great for me), but it won;t take you long. All links are in the thread

Hope this helps

EDIT:

The thread is here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=16547
It was started by reeced, not Octavious

Last edited by a moderator:
Back