Release Xscorch

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Xscorch is a clone of the classic DOS game, "Scorched Earth". The basic goal is to annihilate enemy tanks using overpowered guns. :) Basically, you buy weapons, you target the enemy by adjusting the angle of your turret and firing power, and you hope to destroy their tank before they destroy yours.

http://www.xscorch.org/

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,29,152

Ive included the server, but it makes more sense to run in a terminal. Probably pointless in the pnd format.

Mjlink said:
Thanks Pickle!

If i download the PND, do I need to use terminal?

Lost here, sorry.

no i mean theres a client bin and a server bin, the client works perfect as any pnd does, but running the server is pointless in a pnd cause you probably need to be able to specify arguments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Mjlink said:
Thanks Pickle!

If i download the PND, do I need to use terminal?

Lost here, sorry.

no i mean theres a client bin and a server bin, the client works perfect as any pnd does, but running the server is pointless in a pnd cause you probably need to be able to specify arguments.

Bundle a terminal with it?

-God Ginrai

How does this compare with Scorched Tanks on the amiga - I loved that game. That remake they made for the PC just didn't work right for me - sure, billions of pointless weapons packs but I could only chose 1 computer opponent and thought that was shit. I liked scorched tanks with 3 computer opponents set to max aggressivness and intelligence, then they were worth playing for a few rounds - of course blowing the crap out of my best mate was always the best fun. Only PC game that compared really was Worms - what was the one that had the super sheep and the holy bomb? Is that playable on the pandora (perhaps through PSX)?

Anyway, thanks - look forward to giving this a shot some time around October...

TitanUranus said:
How does this compare with Scorched Tanks on the amiga - I loved that game. That remake they made for the PC just didn't work right for me - sure, billions of pointless weapons packs but I could only chose 1 computer opponent and thought that was shit. I liked scorched tanks with 3 computer opponents set to max aggressivness and intelligence, then they were worth playing for a few rounds - of course blowing the crap out of my best mate was always the best fun. Only PC game that compared really was Worms - what was the one that had the super sheep and the holy bomb? Is that playable on the pandora (perhaps through PSX)?

Anyway, thanks - look forward to giving this a shot some time around October...

LieroX is more fun than Worms and is already on the Pandora. ;)

-God Ginrai

Nice,

Scorched Earth: The Mother of all Games!

very worthwhile port - and a good homage to the original.

Hmmm, but.

Considering how many (few) Pandora's are out in the wild - it would be great to have some kind of game that works across platforms.

What about this concept:

A Pandora serves a 'NDS' image thru WiFi (technically feasible - although I know there is no software to do this at present).

That 'NDS' image is a port of, XScorch / Liero-X, ect...

Instantly - you have clients that can join your game.

Just add Pandora!

Series-8 said:
Nice,

Scorched Earth: The Mother of all Games!

very worthwhile port - and a good homage to the original.

Hmmm, but.

Considering how many (few) Pandora's are out in the wild - it would be great to have some kind of game that works across platforms.

What about this concept:

A Pandora serves a 'NDS' image thru WiFi (technically feasible - although I know there is no software to do this at present).

That 'NDS' image is a port of, XScorch / Liero-X, ect...

Instantly - you have clients that can join your game.

Just add Pandora!

...? Wouldn't XScorch already work with Linux PCs?

-God Ginrai

Mjlink said:
Why is this not in the AppStore yet?

Think this should be over Liero until digging is fixed IMO.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Continuously tap in the direction you want to dig for joypad use, or so it says on the OpenLieroX wiki.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Mjlink said:

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Continuously tap in the direction you want to dig for joypad use, or so it says on the OpenLieroX wiki.

-God Ginrai

The issue with digging is that you need to be able to press both left and right, which doesnt quite work on a proper dpad.
also i havnt gotten into uploading to the appstore, will soon though

Pickle said:
God Ginrai said:
Mjlink said:

Peace & Pandora,

Link

-God Ginrai

The issue with digging is that you need to be able to press both left and right, which doesnt quite work on a proper dpad.
also i havnt gotten into uploading to the appstore, will soon though

I realize that. I'm the one who brought that up, but I just recently checked the OpenLieroX wiki:

http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php/Game_concepts#Digging

-God Ginrai

If I want to start a game that features 4 players and only one human, I enter 4 players in the player setup. However, the menu is bigger, than the screen. So I can't press ok or whatever the button I can't see is called. Anyone know how to get around this?

mrdremel said:
If I want to start a game that features 4 players and only one human, I enter 4 players in the player setup. However, the menu is bigger, than the screen. So I can't press ok or whatever the button I can't see is called. Anyone know how to get around this?

I rememeber hitting enter works, if not do a hold shift and drag with the stylus and it will allow you to move the window up.

chickendung said:
If this has been mentioned before, then I am sorry, but shouldn't the Pandora be able to run Scorched3D as well?

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/index.php

You would have to ask them to port it. If I understand correctly, that is not an open source game.

-God Ginrai

You just need to look harder, yes it's open-source (GPL). :) Looking at its development details page, it appears to be a step beyond non-trivial to port, but I'd think it's possible based on other recent ports such the DXX-Rebirth ports courtesy of Pickle.

Googer said:
You just need to look harder, yes it's open-source (GPL). :) Looking at its development details page, it appears to be a step beyond non-trivial to port, but I'd think it's possible based on other recent ports such the DXX-Rebirth ports courtesy of Pickle.

Oh sorry. I was thinking this was some other game that had been mentioned a while back where the 3D version was made for the iPhone or something, and you had to pay for it.

-God Ginrai

Back