XM6 source code

Blue Protoman

XM6 is an emulator for the Sharp X68000. Its source code has been released, and it can be found here. Is it possible to port it to the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to be windows only, so quite a lot of work would be involved for a port (possibly rewriting large parts of the application). I haven't studied the source though.

<edit>

Seems to be built heavily around the Microsoft Foundation Classes :(

Oh great, comments in Japanese. I only understand a small part of that.

Ehhh... I'm not going to try it.

</edit>

XM6 is an emulator for the Sharp X68000. Its source code has been released, and it can be found here. Is it possible to port it to the Pandora?
To my rather untrained eye, it appears that it would present quite a bit of difficulty. There's quite a bit of Windows-specific MFC code and x86 assembler, and all the comments and documentation are in Japanese (well, that might not be a problem for everyone here, I guess).

I ran xm6src.txt through Google Translate, and it seems to confirm this:

Unit Win32 MFC (Microsoft Foudation Classlibrary) an application framework
I used to work. Using documents and document templates

I do not have, because MFC has become very dependent on building, porting to other environments

Is difficult.

Of course, the translation is bad enough that any of the above could be completely wrong... :p

edit: :ph34r: by Caine...

Damn. :( There ARE other X68000 emulators out there, I dunno of any of them are even open source, much less ARM-compatible.

Back