Xgp News From Gp32spain

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Website
Visit site
Rlyeh pointed out that there is some gpx info from e3 by xan_vision in the gp32spain forums at.
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread....ed=1#post406529

Here are the pictures, and a raw translation by rlyeh.
imag0016resize8ht.jpg

imag0018resize6er.jpg

imag0020resize9eo.jpg

imag0022resize4sp.jpg

imag0023resize8lw.jpg

- gamepark got a E3 stand at E3, in the Korean zone.
- XGP will be launched in Novemember in USA and Korea.
- Price is 295 US $
- Its fully retrocompatible with GP32
- Its homebrew friendly now. Like GP32.
- The mobile function is finally disabled. Wifi and SMS/MMS seem to be there yet.
[xan_vision] saw a Quakish style game very smooth, about 60 fps, with corrected perspective, smoothed textured, and maybe shaders. he will try to get more info about this.

the white thing in the middle on the first picture is supposed to be the xgp kids, the thing left to it is a gp32, gpx on the top, evrything else are xgp minis.
i dont have any news on either of them,, maybe couse im not a evil spain sorry.

If the XGP Mini is also homebrew friendly and fully gp32-compatible, there will be pandemonium.

If the XGP Kids is also homebrew friendly and fully gp32-compatible, there will be riots.

I wonder how the screen resolution difference will be handled.

I'd like to know if XGP, XGP Mini and XGP Kids are compatible. It sounds crazy to release three incompatible handhelds.

They're obviously not compatible. Why would someone sell different handhelds at different prices if they could all play the same games?

xgp<>xgp mini
gp32<>gpx kids
where supposed to be compatible afaik.
xgp haves the adavantage of wifi/dmb/big screen.

[xan_vision] saw a Quakish style game very smooth, about 60 fps, with corrected perspective, smoothed textured, and maybe shaders. he will try to get more info about this.

Was that on the mini ??? cos the link above says that........

and the XGP (below) in November, but were a little surprised to see the top-end model out of action today as it’s still a prototype.

sujesting that the XGP is a non working modle, like a dummy phone in the phone shops

SatanClaus posted on May 12 2006 at 06:10 AM said:
I'd like to know if XGP, XGP Mini and XGP Kids are compatible. It sounds crazy to release three incompatible handhelds.
you can play mini and kids games with xgp if you manipulate the machine somehow.

however, kids doesn't support 3d and mini has not enough ram and memory to play 3D games that you can play with xgp.

The company's policy on whether to make the three consoles compatible or not is undecided at this time. But technically, you can play mini and kids game with XGP if you make some changes to XGP.

Last edited by a moderator:
would make sense if all "higher" models could play all gams of the models below them.

as in
gpx kids plays gp32 and its own games,
gpx mini plays gp32 gpx kid's and its own games,
gpx plays gp32, gpx kids', gpx mini's and its own games.

Vimacs posted on May 12 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
would make sense if all "higher" models could play all gams of the models below them.

as in

no...

XGP kids plays gp32 and its own games.
XGP mini plays Original download game and app (not support Gp32 and XGP kids!)
XGP plays Original XGP game (not support XGP mini, XGP kids, and GP32)

The XGP series... Hmmm they are new, they are shiny, but I am not a magpie, I will stick with my GP2X ;)

(The XGP kids can't play GP32 stuff because the screen res is too low.)

Acura posted on May 13 2006 at 04:59 AM said:
Vimacs posted on May 12 2006 at 10:04 PM said:

as in

no...

XGP kids plays gp32 and its own games.
XGP mini plays Original download game (please visit GXG.com) and app (not support Gp32 and XGP kids!)
XGP plays Original XGP game (not support XGP mini, XGP kids, and GP32)
Erm, throughout the XGP section, people are turning up with unverified infos. First awakenjsy, then spark1021 and now this Acura fellow... Where are you guys coming from? And where do you get your infos?

Also i visited the GXG.com site, but due to my inability to understand korean i wondered what this site is about.

Are any games there available already? If so, for which system? Or are those games all previevs of XGP / XGP mini games?

Fishbong posted on May 13 2006 at 02:33 AM said:
Erm, throughout the XGP section, people are turning up with unverified infos. First awakenjsy, then spark1021 and now this Acura fellow... Where are you guys coming from? And where do you get your infos?
I agree it is kind of amusing to have all these people who somehow seem like they should know what they are talking about but give contradictory information. For example it almost sounds like they haven't really decided whether these devices will be compatible with the gp32 or each other, and even the screen resolution of the kids model seems to be up in the air. Very weird.

The conversation on this page:

http://www.digitalworldtokyo.com/2006/05/e...iming_hig_1.php

has yet another person who seems knowledgeable saying that we won't be able to get any of these devices until 2007. That's quite a long ways away so I'm content to wait another six months for answers I suppose.

Back