xcb plugin missing

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing anymore. I'm attempting to build a Qt5 application into a PND, but always this:

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/run.sh ) ----------
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 532: 23045 Aborted "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"

What do I do? I've included all the libs indicated by ldd for both libqxcb.so and for the application itself, but still it complains.

It would be easier if I could tell it to embed all the libs into the executable, but I don't know how to do that with qmake.

EDIT: Nevermind! Having StreaK's CLI Love running was making it do that.

Last edited:
dunno if you still need it, but you also may have to include the qt5 plugins/ dir, especially the platforms subdir, and their dependencies...and set an environment var (forgot which, look in a qt5 example pnd like qupzilla or pentobi)..it took me also a bit..

Hmm... Well that didn't work, it still says the same thing. I'm not sure what I'm missing, shout I just put the full Qt5 libs in?

you should use the "copy_libs.sh" script to copy the main needed libs, and then copy the plugins folder as explained (plus the environnement variable). Look at Qt5 pnd (Qupzilla, Otter, mostly eveything starting with Q use Qt).

you should also ldd the used .so files from the plugin directories (which i am not sure if you can find out easily which ones are actually used by the application)

(you should ldd these seperately because they are not resolved by the ldd on the executablei think)

Yes, you should also "copy_libs.sh" the plugins.
like:
Code:
cd lib
copy_libs.sh ../plugins/*/*.so
in your pnd "root" folder.

Last edited:
Back