Software Synfig Studio GTK errors

edgex004

Advanced Member
Hi there, does anyone have insight on some of the errors I'm seeing when I run the Synfig Studio PND?

I know @eyecreate might be the best person to ask.

Currently, the PND starts and the window opens, but then crashes immediately after loading.

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/DEDGEDORA/pandora/menu/synfig-synfigstudio-4286.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/DEDGEDORA/pandora/appdata/synfig
APPDD_FSTYPE : ext4
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : scripts/synfigstudio.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/synfig"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/DEDGEDORA/pandora/appdata/synfig=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/synfig=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/synfig"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/synfigstudio.sh ) ----------

synfig studio -- starting up application...

synfig(2946) [10:52:28] info: Loading modules from /mnt/utmp/synfig/etc/synfig_modules.cfg

(synfigstudio:2946): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkTreeModel) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after class_init

(synfigstudio:2946): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkTreeDragSource) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after class_init

(synfigstudio:2946): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkTreeDragDest) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after class_init

(synfigstudio:2946): glibmm-WARNING **: Glib::ConstructParams::ConstructParams(): invalid object type 'gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore' for value type 'GtkTreeModel'

(synfigstudio:2946): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_sort_get_flags: assertion 'tree_model_sort->child_model != NULL' failed

(synfigstudio:2946): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_sort_get_iter: assertion 'tree_model_sort->child_model != NULL' failed

(synfigstudio:2946): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkCellEditable) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE) after class_init

(synfigstudio:2946): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface (GtkCellEditable) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE) after class_init
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_cond_timedwait': Invalid argument. Aborting.
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 528: 2946 Aborted "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( scripts/synfigstudio.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/synfig': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 5

The Gtk warnings/criticals are normal for Synfig Studio, I think (they show while running it on PC as well). The real problem is this:
Code:
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_cond_timedwait': Invalid argument. Aborting.

The Synfig Studio version on repo is also pretty darn old. Might be worth trying compiling a newer version to see if it works better. Rendering is much more optimized in newer versions.

Now, is Synfig Studio really that useful on Pandora. xD Seems like the interface would be rather cramped in Pandora's small screen.

Another reason why it would be better to compile a newer version, which would allow to fully customize the UI layout.

Yeah I was going to look into porting the current version, but then saw it was already in the repo. I'll try compiling later and see how it goes.

From what eyecreate said when it was first ported, it actually seems to work okay on the Pandora screen.

Back