X-Com Ufo Defense Problem

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
Tried to get into this game last night when I came across a fatal flaw - saving game seems to crash, or trap you on the save screen after you enter a filename and hit enter (B button). Only thing I can do is L+R+Start to exit the game, and when I get back in the game wasn't saved anyway.

Anyone played this game at all and got any ideas? I was looking forward to getting stuck in....

TIA!

frolik said:
Tried to get into this game last night when I came across a fatal flaw - saving game seems to crash, or trap you on the save screen after you enter a filename and hit enter (B button). Only thing I can do is L+R+Start to exit the game, and when I get back in the game wasn't saved anyway.

Anyone played this game at all and got any ideas? I was looking forward to getting stuck in....

TIA!

Unless things have changed from the GP2X release, enter is actually Right Trigger + B.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using the right handed touchscreen mode and the readme says B is enter. Thing is that enter seems to work because the asterisk (*) cursor is flashing until I hit B (enter) then it stops flashing as if it has registered me pressing enter. But then it just stays on that screen, the touchscreen still moves the mouse pointer so it hasn't frozen.

EDIT: Same thing using the normal mode without right handed touchscreen.

I'm pretty sure that Pickle ported this to the Wiz so you might want to check with him (PM him or something) to verify it works. Dunno why noone else is posting any success stories here. Might also want to try PMing the author, M-HT.

If it were me, I'd try extracting the X-COMs to another SD and see how that behaved. (well if it were me there'd be a lot more I'd do like looking at console output, etc).

Senor Quack said:
I'm pretty sure that Pickle ported this to the Wiz so you might want to check with him (PM him or something) to verify it works. Dunno why noone else is posting any success stories here. Might also want to try PMing the author, M-HT.

If it were me, I'd try extracting the X-COMs to another SD and see how that behaved. (well if it were me there'd be a lot more I'd do like looking at console output, etc).
I thought you didn't have a wiz?

frolik said:

TIA!

I thought i tried saving and everything beforehand, but i will try myself.

beavith said:
Senor Quack said:

I thought you didn't have a wiz?

I don't, that's why I can't help him.

frolik said:
Thanks Pickle, anything I can do to help just ask. I'm keen to explore them ufo's!

Ok I can confirm the bug using the righty version the keyboard gets stuck. Although the non-touchscreen version does work correctly.
For now if you have to use touchscreen then dont use the keyboard option, if you have to use it for saves use the non-touchscreen version to create the save.

Edit: also be aware the touch screen actually does work in the dpad mode.

Still not working for me. In the righty version the keyboard doesn't get stuck, you use the volume up button to click. The problem is when you enter the save name you are then stuck on the save screen - the save name has an asterisk next to it but it never actually saves. I can't do anything to get back to the game from here.

frolik said:
Still not working for me. In the righty version the keyboard doesn't get stuck, you use the volume up button to click. The problem is when you enter the save name you are then stuck on the save screen - the save name has an asterisk next to it but it never actually saves. I can't do anything to get back to the game from here.

Look at the cfg files, try adding your own mapping to enter

Back