www.RateGP32.tk

Kop_007

Istanbul Red
Hope it's all right plugging my own site here. Should be up in a couple of hours.

RateGP32

Pretty basic like, but it's a start.

Lol Axeman. Good to see someones eager.

RateGP32 refers to the content of the site. You'll just have to wait and see (trying to build suspense) - ultimately knowing you'll be dissapointed when you get there...lol.

Couple of hours.

Good Idea :) *bookmarks*
Perhaps the ability to rate the "Features" for the different emus would be a help ? ie. I prefer snes9x to snesemu cos it supports save states ..

Yeah, I was going to do this, but I though I'd get it up first (the website that is) :rolleyes: , Then add in things like that.

Gonna have things like Snes9x vs SnesEMU. All of this will be added in the future.

Glad you like it. :D

Overall your website is a pretty good idea. I just visited it and already voted for a few of my favourite emus ;)
What I really dislike about your site are these annoying popups ! :angry: One time a popup even tried to force me to install a dialer software !!! :angry: You should really remove those popups !! In case your host forces these popups you should really get a new host. There are lots of free webspace providers which do not force these unbearable amount of popups ! With all these annoying popups I doubt many people will enjoy visiting your site... Just my two cents though..

I'm really really sorry for all those popups. They are a disgrace, I know. It was just that I had a perfect add free host and then I noticed (only today when my site was ready)that for a couple of hours a day they redirected me to a pr0n search engine.

Can anyone recommend a reliable add free host?

Thanks

Exceeded my bandwidth limit. Not sure if I should be pleased about that. :)

Anyway, moved hosts to Fortune City (One large and one small banner), shouldnt be any pop-ups at the moment. (sorry to all who suffered).

Added the XCade Emulator. If there is anymore I've forgotten let me know. I know there are loads more utilities too, but need to get emus and games sorted first. :(

Pypes

Wiserhosting - £40/year inc. "unlimited" bandwidth and space, domain, stats, PHP, MySQL, Perl, FrontPage Extensions (www.wiserhosting.com). They dropped the unlimited bandwidth a day after I bought the package, but it's still a good deal.

- Rico

Eh...... :blink:

Nice webpage, but it gives me 2 pop-ups per page + an offer to install some computer clock. <_<

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this because some of the files are still on the old server, apparently.

One of those pop-ups definetely has the Fortune City logo... ;)

How about http://www.crosswinds.net ? It's been quite a while since I last used them, however, so they might not be quite as good as before...

Hmmm.. Now I got even more of those annoying popups :huh:
Anyway, I always want to get a popup killer software, so I downloaded one of the best (and free also !!) from the following site: www.proxomitron.org
Now all of those stupid annoying popups are gone :D

BTW: You forgot to add the GP VCS32 emulator to your site. In my opinion this is the best Atari 2600 emu for the GP32, much better and much more compatible than GP2600.

Yup, the Proximitron is great. If something annoys me, I add a filter to it and BAMF it's gone! Camino and Phoenix also allow easy blocking of stuff like that.

As for Crosswinds, they sold out. All that "we will never have popups" crap - no joke - then they introduced a charge for POP email, then added adverts that just told people to donate to CW, then it became totally commercial, all the free accounts were dropped, and now it's a just a plain crap host.

Damn.

However http://www.brinkster.com/ is free, supports ASP and has no pop-ups/banners. I use it mostly to test stuff, but it is a very friendly place. Only problem is lack of FTP, you use web to upload.

- Rico

Ok. Sorted. Add free and no pop-ups (apart from the .tk one).

BTW: You forgot to add the GP VCS32 emulator to your site. In my opinion this is the best Atari 2600 emu for the GP32, much better and much more compatible than GP2600.
Will add it as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the help, suggestions and support.

Back