Wtb: Nokia 6600

aaron11193

Hey Telstra, I Hate You.
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey guys.

I have recently discovered the Nokia 6600 while at a friend's house.

I searched for one on eBay but to no avail... only screen protectors and such...

Has anyone got one that they are willing to part with?

It can have no back cover, no battery, no charger etc. The only thing I ask is a fully working keypad and directional joystick :)

Aaron.

Which 6600 do you mean? Nokia has confusingly decided to re-use the typing "6600" for a new model phone while the old model is still available used, and on rare occasions even brand new.

I own a 6600 of the old "whale" model, which I'm willing to part since I'm not using it anymore.

Btw. It's looking used, but it's fully functional.

Squirrel61 said:
Which 6600 do you mean? Nokia has confusingly decided to re-use the typing "6600" for a new model phone while the old model is still available used, and on rare occasions even brand new.

I own a 6600 of the old "whale" model, which I'm willing to part since I'm not using it anymore.

Btw. It's looking used, but it's fully functional.
That's the one :D

The big fat original one :)

Unless there's someone a bit closer to home that has one they're willing to sell, I might buy it if the postage isn't worth and arm or a leg :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As said, the phone is looking pretty much used so you might want to spend it a new cover. But technically, it's 100% working including the joystick. The biggest disadvantage of this phone is that it lasts 2 days at best on a charge. It has been like that from the moment it was new, so it's not caused by a bad battery.

Btw. are you aware of the fact that the 6600's joystick can't handle diagonals? It makes playing some games completely impossible. I once installed the nGage version of Rayman on it, which doesn't respond to the number keys but is controlled solely by the joystick. In the first level, I had to duck and crawl to be able to proceed. For that, I had to move the joystick diagonally, which meant end-of-game.

Additionally, I can throw in the original box and documentation, a charger (it has the European plug but is multi-voltage so with a proper travel adapter, you must be able to use it), a 1Gb MMC card and I might be able to find a bluetooth headset too (but bluetooth drains the battery even faster). And there's also a protective "leather" case.

I'll try to take and post some pictures later today, so you know what we're talking about.

Squirrel61 said:
As said, the phone is looking pretty much used so you might want to spend it a new cover. But technically, it's 100% working including the joystick. The biggest disadvantage of this phone is that it lasts 2 days at best on a charge. It has been like that from the moment it was new, so it's not caused by a bad battery.

Btw. are you aware of the fact that the 6600's joystick can't handle diagonals? It makes playing some games completely impossible. I once installed the nGage version of Rayman on it, which doesn't respond to the number keys but is controlled solely by the joystick. In the first level, I had to duck and crawl to be able to proceed. For that, I had to move the joystick diagonally, which meant end-of-game.

Additionally, I can throw in the original box and documentation, a charger (it has the European plug but is multi-voltage so with a proper travel adapter, you must be able to use it), a 1Gb MMC card and I might be able to find a bluetooth headset too (but bluetooth drains the battery even faster). And there's also a protective "leather" case.

I'll try to take and post some pictures later today, so you know what we're talking about.
Ok thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It took a bit longer than promised, but finally here are the pics.

nokia66001dm4.th.jpg

In the pics, the Nokia charger is missing but of course it will be included. And I will set the language to English before shipping! And for the price? Well, I'm thinking about €25 which is pretty reasonable over here but translates to another AU$50 so it would sum up to AU$100. I'm sorry but I can't do much about conversion rates, but on the other hand, it's never been so cheap for European people to shop in other countries! Even the GBP has never been so cheap for us!

Back