WTB: GP32

Vitnim

Still Fresh
OK, I've managed to put this off long enough (20 years). I am looking to get a GP32. I am going to go out on a ledge here and think the prices being asked on eBay are over the top. Please correct me if I am wrong and I will happily stop looking for one! I am interested in any flavor (original, FLU, BLU), in reasonable shape, loose or with extras. Thanks

Reactions: rSl
A lot of GP32 have failed over time, some models have less issues then other. I can't remember which one it was, it's somewhere on the forum.
If you are good at repair, you might get a GP32 for cheap if it has issues. Working ones are probably expensive.

Thanks for the information - I am searching now, but it is quite scattered and links to guides are long since broken... I guess this may turn out to be quite the undertaking...

Thanks for the information - I am searching now, but it is quite scattered and links to guides are long since broken... I guess this may turn out to be quite the undertaking...
I don't have the skillset to fix mine so it's been sitting on a shelf ever since.

Here's the thread where we talked about it: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/gp32-not-booting-into-firmware-when-turned-on.98932/

Looks like it is possible to fix. I'm willing to sell it if you're interested, depending on where you are that is (shipping can be a nightmare)

EDIT: it's the BLU version btw.
Reddit link where I have a photo:

Reactions: rSl
Yup, I finally found that thread, as well as the Spanish and original French one (hard). I may actually give it a shot. I did score a red-light-but-no-boot non-BLU along with some other stuff. I am considering investing in a programmer/flasher, but that will be a long time off. If I have success, I will post back to the forum. Thanks

Back