Wow? On The Gp2x? Could This Be....possible? Nay!

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
So i'm browsing around the Sauerbraten forums and i find this topic, discussing the use of the google code program "Telekinesis", to stream WoW onto the Iphone, and play it VIA the Iphone. Now, obviously, the Gp2x is not an Iphone, but i do wonder at the possibilities of a similiar program combined with the break-out box. An interesting theory, ne?http://www.cubeengine.com/forum.php4?action=display_thread&thread_id=1460

It should be possible.

If you have Cradle breakout board you should have saw off some plastic from cradle so usb cable could connect :)

Some Remote-administration tool is required. I do not know if any written :(

This sort of thing has been going on for a decade or more via VNC, Remote Desktop, etc etc .. but its never very useful; its just for screenshots ;)

jeff

In the case i posted above, however, WoW is rather playable (speed wise) on the Iphone using this theory. Which is why i thought an equivalent application might be useful for playing games on the GP2x with the break-out box. Or running emulators remotely, etc.

If you have to connect your gp2x to the pc to do this, you take away all the mobility, so you could as well play it directly on the pc.

The only reason would be to do something really geeky.

Azalin said:
*sigh* Why do people post without reading the links these days? Its over wireless. Like the iphones internet connection :rolleyes:
Yeah, the WoW video looks unplayable over a wifi network connection (not just because of the lack of resolution, look at the lag and all the dropped clicks), I don't even want to imagine what it would be like over an internet connection. This is assuming the user is at a hotspot as well, doing it over the EDGE network sounds like the world's worst joke.

Besides, since when were you talking about iPhone anyway? I thought you were really talking about GP2X, which sure doesn't have a wifi connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
the use of the google code program "Telekinesis", to stream WoW onto the Iphone, and play it VIA the Iphone.
Now, obviously, the Gp2x is not an Iphone, but i do wonder at the possibilities of a similiar program combined with the break-out box. An interesting theory, ne?

From the first post. I was assuming the use of a WIFI adapter in conjunction with the BoB, and a similiar program. I give up, though, since it seems to just be a steady stream of people not bothering to read. >_>

Azalin said:
the use of the google code program "Telekinesis", to stream WoW onto the Iphone, and play it VIA the Iphone.
Now, obviously, the Gp2x is not an Iphone, but i do wonder at the possibilities of a similiar program combined with the break-out box. An interesting theory, ne?

From the first post. I was assuming the use of a WIFI adapter in conjunction with the BoB, and a similiar program. I give up, though, since it seems to just be a steady stream of people not bothering to read. >_>

Dude, I think you're the one who seems to have not read what I said about this. Yes, you mentioned the iPhone, but I was pretty sure it was only as a lead in for the idea, so it could be used on GP2X (would anyone actually care about what could be done on an iPhone in this particular section of the forum, or perhaps anywhere on the forums?) A breakout board/cable + wifi adapter, that doesn't sound very portable to me (can wifi be powered off of the GP2X? In which case sounds like you're especially out of luck)

The thought of running emulators over this of all things is especially crazy, no one's going to want to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back