Wouldnt That Be Great?

TaG said:
For the gym etc it is still 'huge', I bought a small (usb stick size) and simple mp3 with 1gb memory and sd card slot for £15 just for the gym, poolside on holiday etc.
Yeah, and you could always use the pandora to exchange the tracks on that little device, when you're fed up with them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
conso said:
TaG said:
For the gym etc it is still 'huge', I bought a small (usb stick size) and simple mp3 with 1gb memory and sd card slot for £15 just for the gym, poolside on holiday etc.
Yeah, and you could always use the pandora to exchange the tracks on that little device, when you're fed up with them :)
Absolutely. For longer trips away and holidays, I thought Pandora, mp3 player, headphones and my lacie 2.5" hdd plus a couple of spare micro sd's pre-loaded.

TaG said:
WTF is the point buying a pocket sized device and not carrying it with you in your pocket?

I'm convinced a lot of people, especially some of those that jumped on at the last minute, don't realise how small the Pandora is.
i realize how big/small the pandora is....its just that its too big FOR ME!
why dont u understand, thats its just subjective, and stop hate-posting

i personally wouldnt even put a ds-lite in my pocket

or this

SpeakersSoundersGroup.jpg

to use in the train

I use Sony DRBT10CX headphones daily. Got them cheaply 14 months ago, to use with the A2DP on my Sony Ericsson W850i.

They're used primarily for listening to music (MP3's I've re-encoded to roughly 128kbps VBR). The headset functionality works well when it's needed. I don't have to take a bud out if the phone rings.

Sound quality isn't hit at all. Sure, I'm not feeding it wonderful source material but the extra processing needed for the Bluetooth stream isn't adding any extra artifacts. It's perfectly fine for wandering about with.

It doesn't have buttons for changing tracks, just for changing volume. At first thought this would annoy me, but it's not an issue - if I want to see what I'm changing to I look at the phone display, otherwise the phone stays in my pocket.

I hate things dangling - that Jabra headset would annoy me no end. Mine have a clip so they can be attached to clothing just like an iPod shuffle. This has the bonus of removing any strain points on the cable - I dislike clip on headphones, and only use over the head ones at home - so stopping buds being pulled about.

As a one piece solution - music phone + A2DP headset works well, and I'd recommend it to anyone who spends a lot of time with both types of device.

But with a Pandora? Hmm. You lose the ability to keep the bud in when the phone rings. And the feature that pauses the music for you. I'm not sure how well it would work if you're carrying phone + Pandora. Pandora alone, it saves the wires. If that annoys you (it does me, I've spent far too many years untangling cables) then it's worth a look.

Crasherball said:
TaG said:
WTF is the point buying a pocket sized device and not carrying it with you in your pocket?

I'm convinced a lot of people, especially some of those that jumped on at the last minute, don't realise how small the Pandora is.
i realize how big/small the pandora is....its just that its too big FOR ME!
why dont u understand, thats its just subjective, and stop hate-posting

i personally wouldnt even put a ds-lite in my pocketWho's hate posting? I don't see the point buying a pocket size device and never putting it in your pocket - but your choice is different, fine. Weren't you the one saying we would all look stupid? ;)
Crasherball said:
well, I just think it looks stupid
u'd look like a nerd havin a 3cm thing box in ur jeans :blink:

but thats all subjective I guess....

I guess the comment about people not realising how small it is wasn't particularly directed at you, but could easily have been interpreted that way. Seriously, reading the boards and what people say they want to do gives you the impression they think it is two or three times the size.

Peace.

Back