Wouldnt That Be Great?

crasherball

i was just browsing trough amazon and found this little device:

http://www.amazon.de/Jabra-BT3030-Stereo-B...180&sr=1-69
(its german amazon - but u dont have to know german to get what it is)

wouldnt it be great, using that thing together with the pandora?
since the pandora is really huge (in comparison to other mp3players) that thing would actually be perfect...

u can do basic stuff on that thing, like: next/previous track, play/pause, incr/decr volume
and, hook up ur earphones
while ur pandora is in ur bag or poket...

and its so small that u can keep it in ur poket (or around ur neck...but personally, i think that looks kinda gay - no offence to people wearing necklets - or gay ppl lol)

Nice find but why?
why not connect audio jack directly to pandora, which is just 5 feet away in your side pocket? ok you'll be able to skip tracks but you already said you will put it in your pocket so whats the point? just get a usb led with buttons if you want that feature so badly or map next track, previous track to the shoulder buttons? ;) but that leaves play, stop and pause... :S get the usb led for that then or take the pandora out of your pocket and then do your thing ;)

Ryuu said:
Nice find but why?
why not connect audio jack directly to pandora, which is just 5 feet away in your side pocket? ok you'll be able to skip tracks but you already said you will put it in your pocket so whats the point? just get a usb led with buttons if you want that feature so badly or map next track, previous track to the shoulder buttons? ;) but that leaves play, stop and pause... :S get the usb led for that then or take the pandora out of your pocket and then do your thing ;)
I agree. I so don't get these bluetooth earbuds with pendants. I use freaking bluetooth to get rid of the freaking cables.

Last edited by a moderator:
The advantage I see, is the shoulder buttons are probably (I'm making an educated guess here, maybe I'm completely wrong) horrible ways to control MP3 playing.

Of course, Bluetooth isn't very battery-friendly, and so if I were to use it as an MP3 player, I would opt for some sort of USB device, thoough at that point we're getting really niche and probably have to do some major searching to find a cheap usb control module.

To my understanding, the bluetooth is terrible for music i.e. poor sound quality. I could be wrong, and if I was, this does seem like a nifty idea, thing is about as big as my Sandisk Clip MP3 player (which has excellent sound quality by the way)

looks nice, but I know it has horrible audio quality, like all bluetooth. heres hoping that the pandora can handle normal headphones with controls on them.

well...the reason why I dont want the pandora in my pants, is that its as big as a box of chocolate!

I'd look like a retard wit that....
so I was going to store it in my bag - thats why that thing is handy

dude are you high? pandora is not a box of chocolates it is the size of the old nintendo ds and noone said that looked like a box of chocolates or even tried to take a bite out of the nintendo ds :huh:

i owned a nintendo ds (old one not lite) and i put it in my pocket all the time.

I like the look, and the feel is as close to wireless as regular Bluetooth headphones would provide so as far as my purposes go it is a good enough reason to use it over normal headphones.

But then there is the cost, something that takes careful consideration when thinking about since I'm unsure it's worth the trade-offs just yet for me. Then again, my GF does really want to get me something I will love this Xmas, so back to the search!

Edit:
And a few things I've found so far:

http://www.amazon.com/Cardo-Systems-S2-Blu...2456&sr=1-6
http://www.amazon.com/Soyo-Freestyler-HS11...2456&sr=1-4
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-HBS-200-He...555&sr=1-47
http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-Stereo...2122&sr=8-5

Now I just hope that when we (since I seriously doubt she would get me an electronic like this without me there to gawk over and decide which I like the best)

all I can say is you do not know if it will be supported out of the box and if it is stable. Plus you can get really good quality over the normal audio jacks anyway...

Quality in this case comes at the cost of convenience, my main interest in Bluetooth technology is a certain convenience it adds that no regular headphones can provide due to the irritations of being leashed to the device.

But I admit you have a point on the support, but either it is and I can enjoy the convenience of not being attached to the Pandora when wanting to listen to it or it isn't supported, we return the headphones and head off in search of something else (like a decent capacity SD or SDHC card).

Regarding the Pandora's size, it's almost the same size as the GP2X (roughly) and I never took my GP2X to the gym because 1) It was bulky 2) I was afraid it will fall apart by the vibrations caused by the shocks the treadmill gets from my weight. I then had to buy a Zen Stone for the gym, which I honestly feel is overpriced + more gadgets to carry and has different storage.

Personally I see no point of using BT for listening to music at all. I would always prefer soundquality over convenience. Whereas the convinience using this device is not much higher in the end regarding battery-life for example.

Removed quote, As original quoted post has been removed

Don`t panic, This aimed at the member you quoted and not you. :)

PoisonedV said:
looks nice, but I know it has horrible audio quality, like all bluetooth. heres hoping that the pandora can handle normal headphones with controls on them.
You're talking about controle nodes that interface with the headphones jack, yes?

I remember reading a long time ago that that was a possibility, but since then any attempt on my part to bring that question up has not yielded any official responses. Maybe if we keep bringing it up, we can get an answer.

Though it would also help if there was a bit more knowledge on them... Any idea if its another one of those patent-locked interfaces? Or even know where one could get something like that? The only place I ever recall seeing them is bundled with CD players.

Ryuu said:
dude are you high? pandora is not a box of chocolates it is the size of the old nintendo ds and noone said that looked like a box of chocolates or even tried to take a bite out of the nintendo ds :huh:

i owned a nintendo ds (old one not lite) and i put it in my pocket all the time.

well, I just think it looks stupid
u'd look like a nerd havin a 3cm thing box in ur jeans :blink:

but thats all subjective I guess....

the only way I'd be havin it wit me, would be in my jacket
and that should be kinda weird during summer...
thats why I am going to put it in my backpack, and control it via bluetooth

I too think this would be great.
I don't think I'd really want the Pandora in my pocket whilst I'm cycling/walking around but I always have a rucksack with me.

I once had an Archos 504, it was too big for my pocket really, and too heavy. The pandora is similar in size and weight. (if you're wearing a light jacket it will cause the pocket to sag)

So long as the Pandora supports bluetooth headphones I'll buy one of these, I never even knew they existed before! (and the buttons being supported would be a very nice addition too)

Again, Nice find.

I'd probably use one of these so that I wouldn't have to keep pulling it out of my pocket to change songs, but can you remap the phone button?

If the buttons could be made to work at all then the phone button would definitely be remap able.
Afterall, the media keys would have to be mapped to the active media player anyway.

Crasherball said:
Ryuu said:

well, I just think it looks stupid
u'd look like a nerd havin a 3cm thing box in ur jeans :blink:

but thats all subjective I guess....

the only way I'd be havin it wit me, would be in my jacket
and that should be kinda weird during summer...
thats why I am going to put it in my backpack, and control it via bluetooth
WTF is the point buying a pocket sized device and not carrying it with you in your pocket?

I'm convinced a lot of people, especially some of those that jumped on at the last minute, don't realise how small the Pandora is.

For the gym etc it is still 'huge', I bought a small (usb stick size) and simple mp3 with 1gb memory and micro-sd card slot for £15 just for the gym, poolside on holiday etc.

edit:micro-sd

Back