Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

• Total voters

Because the way we convert energy is worse than other mammals, even so when we factor in eating those same mammals, also cows eat grains, gotcha.

It is called quartering a cow, not cutting it up. Im beginning to think your only encounter with a farm was the once-over with that cow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that more animals die with vegetarian diets than with meat diets.

It's because the amount of grains needed to supply someone with food is like 12 pounds or something but the equivalent to feed a cow would be 7 pounds of grains. However the amount of animals that dies in that extra 5 pounds of grains is a lot more compared with the 7 pounds plus the cow or whatever it is they kill. This is counting vermin, but I think people only care about the cute animals. :)
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

I haven't heard such bullshit for a while. It lacks any logic. Where did you read it?
Even people that really know nothing about nourishment should see, that huge amounts of energy are needed for organical transitions.
If you feed a cow only on grain it dies after two days,
but for increasing the overall weight for 1kg per day calfs get a power diet of 2kg each day containing

Oats 14%
Barley 14%
Linseed cake 12%
Molasses 5%
Extraction meal (soy or canola) 16%
Dried beet pulp (sugar beet) 20%
Mineral feed / vitamins 4%

If you want to directly translate the energy needed for 1kg beef in grain anyway, you end up at 16kg.
You could feed lots of humans with that.

Last edited:
Our cows mostly eat the grass, but still. The comparison for feeding wild fish into trapped breeding-salmon is grim. Similarly, an argument of what it takes in terms of area to grow vegetables to a sustain a human, is smaller than that of the cow for the same purpose.

I think its more important that industrial nations sustain themselves, and i personally dont eat that many animals because it isnt healty. Pigs being the worst, sheep, cows, in that order.

Even if you eat the lean parts, it means the excess has to go into other products, so the population takes the fall. You mostly cant go to the butcher to ask for different parts anymore, and some parts are just not talked about, so its all "beef", minced meat, sausages and bread toppings.

Because the way we convert energy is worse than other mammals, even so when we factor in eating those same mammals, also cows eat grains, gotcha.

It is called quartering a cow, not cutting it up. Im beginning to think your only encounter with a farm was the once-over with that cow.
I said when I briefly lived on a farm I think I was there a month total.  I am not a farmer or even remotely close to a farmer.  Just I helped them out and they needed to kill one of the few cows they had and were going to eat it.  The cows they had weren't commercial or anything because basically after we cut it up it was handed out to the neighbors and whacked the rest into a massive freezer they had at their place.

I heard that more animals die with vegetarian diets than with meat diets.

It's because the amount of grains needed to supply someone with food is like 12 pounds or something but the equivalent to feed a cow would be 7 pounds of grains.  However the amount of animals that dies in that extra 5 pounds of grains is a lot more compared with the 7 pounds plus the cow or whatever it is they kill.  This is counting vermin, but I think people only care about the cute animals. :)
facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

I haven't heard such bullshit for a while. It lacks any logic. Where did you read it?

Even people that really know nothing about nourishment should see, that huge amounts of energy are needed for organical transitions.

If you feed a cow only on grain it dies after two days,

but for increasing the overall weight for 1kg per day calfs get a power diet of 2kg each day containing

Oats 14%

Barley 14%

Linseed cake 12%

Molasses 5%

Extraction meal (soy or canola) 16%

Dried beet pulp (sugar beet) 20%

Mineral feed / vitamins 4%

If you want to directly translate the energy needed for 1kg beef in grain anyway, you end up at 16kg.

You could feed lots of humans with that.
I actually was told this by someone who works for wild life health and is a vegetarian over dinner the other week.  Figured they would know what they were talking about but I probably oversimplified since they did go into a lot of detail .

What's with all the gravedigging recently?

Why do you dig up a two year old thread and add nothing to it?

Why do you dig up a two year old thread and add nothing to it?
I guess you haven't taken the content of the music into account.
Those two songs have fitting content including the music video and they seem to fit here more than anywhere else.
The first one is about sports hunting and the other one about industrial livestock farming.
I wouldn't have thought having to explain something that's on-topic.

I grew up on a farm, we had names for all of our animals and they were all pets to us. We would call their name if they got off the property and they'd come running home.
We made sure they lived the best life possible. We'd go out and pet their tummies and give em treats. :) When they got to the point where they were older, we'd humanely put them down. They were going to die of painful old age anyways, so why not?
So, I eat meat knowing that most times when I do, I'm not contributing to the animal-abuse section of it. I use my story as a way to combat this exact kind of meat-eatin'-hate. :p
I like to think my family did it in a Native American style where we cherish them in life and in death.

If the we that eat based on knowledge and/or devoid of sugar-coating just do that.
Can we stop treating people like they are a problem?
Of which eating only vegetables is not one.
Knowing is half the battle, and the rest is to avoid getting outside just awareness.
If you only eat no dishes that fall within a group outside something, widen your palate or shut your mouth enough for others
to make the decisions you feel applied to you.

1463849191247.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up on a farm, we had names for all of our animals and they were all pets to us. We would call their name if they got off the property and they'd come running home.
We made sure they lived the best life possible. We'd go out and pet their tummies and give em treats. :) When they got to the point where they were older, we'd humanely put them down. They were going to die of painful old age anyways, so why not?
So, I eat meat knowing that most times when I do, I'm not contributing to the animal-abuse section of it. I use my story as a way to combat this exact kind of meat-eatin'-hate. :p
I like to think my family did it in a Native American style where we cherish them in life and in death.
Except that isn't the reality for about 95% of the western populace (both humans and "tobemeat" - animals). And thats a real problem. And I do not mean that in a "only troglodytes eat meat" kind of way. But the environmental and health issues that are created by eating (or better producing) meat in a scale that is never seen before in human history

Except that isn't the reality for about 95% of the western populace (both humans and "tobemeat" - animals). And thats a real problem. And I do not mean that in a "only troglodytes eat meat" kind of way. But the environmental and health issues that are created by eating (or better producing) meat in a scale that is never seen before in human history
And I totally understand that. What I'm saying though is that I personally will continue to eat my meat, knowing that it comes from an animal that had a really good life. Me eating my meat [ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ] is also helping to stop animal mistreatment seeing as I'm not putting my money towards those products/companies, make sense?

Animal violence is the only way to get your meat, you should try it. You put two animals in a pit and the loser becomes lunch. It's exhilarating to see, pigs especially. And it makes the Turkey all the more tasty at christmas time.

D.

The Internet is ripe with videos of fighting cocks, makes one swoon for sustenance. In one particularly hasty bout of duelling, one could almost feel the need for substance, that crucial bit of allusiory context that makes for meaty argument.

Last edited:
Animal violence is the only way to get your meat, you should try it. You put two animals in a pit and the loser becomes lunch. It's exhilarating to see, pigs especially. And it makes the Turkey all the more tasty at christmas time.

D.
if you like the "aftertaste" of adrenaline

Back