Worldwide Gp2x Sold Units Estimation ?

Phaxan

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi there everyone

Does anybody have some source about the number of GP2X sold worldwide actually ? I found some articles telling about more than 30.000 before Xmas 2007, butI can't find any updates since the F200 came out.

Any idea ?

60.000 :huh: ?

You could ask it to GPH :p

GameParkHolding CEO
blk_down_arrow.jpg

ceolr1.jpg

I just asked that guy from the picture (as he's sitting at the same table as me), and it's 60.000 at the moment, so... good estimation :D

EvilDragon said:
I just asked that guy from the picture (as he's sitting at the same table as me), and it's 60.000 at the moment, so... good estimation :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does he make that face in real life??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie said:
EvilDragon said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does he make that face in real life??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;) Actually, as all the other people I met from GPH, he's a pretty nice guy.
And you always have a weird face in official pictures :D (and that one's quite old... 7 years old or so...)

Last edited:
Peter R said:
If Wiz then continues the trend shown so far it can be extrapolated that it will sell somewhere between 90,000-120,000 units during it's life time.
Sega sold 13 million Master Systems and 29 million Megadrives. By your logic, they should have sold 64 million Saturns instead of less than 10 million.

You can't use previous system sales to predict future system sales.

Chip said:
Peter R said:
If Wiz then continues the trend shown so far it can be extrapolated that it will sell somewhere between 90,000-120,000 units during it's life time.

Chip said:
Peter R said:
Sega sold 13 million Master Systems and 29 million Megadrives. By your logic, they should have sold 64 million Saturns instead of less than 10 million.

You don't get statistics, do you? It's a given that using extrapolation is dangerous anyway. The real world outcome could very well be different but if the Wiz is as successful as the previous GP consoles and the model holds then the number of units sold could very well be what i have suggested.

Oh, and the GP2x certainly isn't dead. Just check Vocamaster.com and look at some of the images on that page ;) ...

Peter R said:
Oh, and the GP2x certainly isn't dead. Just check Vocamaster.com and look at some of the images on that page ;) ...

Ermm... you found that out... yep, it still is in production... but only the vocamaster version. It's a device for korean kids to learn English.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Peter R said:

Ermm... you found that out... yep, it still is in production... but only the vocamaster version. It's a device for korean kids to learn English.

This was mentioned on here (possibly by you in fact) a long time ago. Possibly well over a year ago. It's good to see the GP2x teaching Korean people to teach English. It will eventually eliminate the "Engrish" of GPH ;)

Peter R said:
This was mentioned on here (possibly by you in fact) a long time ago. Possibly well over a year ago. It's good to see the GP2x teaching Korean people to teach English. It will eventually eliminate the "Engrish" of GPH ;)
Maybe is better to teach them drowish? So they could be confuzed for guys from Underdark? :)
"Lloth tlu malla jahl ULTRINA zhah xundus!!!"

I especially like the pictures of the children playing emulators learning English on their gp2xs.

full_web2500.jpg

And of course that one.. 'cause that's simply cool :D

2000-1.jpg

Peter R said:
You don't get statistics, do you? It's a given that using extrapolation is dangerous anyway. The real world outcome could very well be different but if the Wiz is as successful as the previous GP consoles and the model holds then the number of units sold could very well be what i have suggested.
My point is that your "statistics" are meaningless. The Wiz could become an outrageous success and sell 50x what the GP2X did, or it could flop and sell only a handful. Whatever the outcome, sales of previous generation systems will have little to no effect on it. There is no "model" to hold to or deviate from. You cannot extrapolate from non-corollary data.

It's like saying that because it was 78 degrees yesterday and it's 82 degrees today, then it's probably going to be 86 degrees tomorrow. There are a near-infinite number of variables that affect the weather, and basing any prediction on just two measurements of one variable is no better than a guess. The same is true for video game sales.

Chip, what're you getting so worked up over? He specifically said if the trend continues... what's wrong with a little dreaming/speculation? Must every little thing be argued over until one of the parties is declared 100% right and the other 100% wrong?

It would be fantastic to have both Pandora and Wiz do well, it would be a great boost for the handheld homebrew scene in general, and encourage further iterations of both products. They both share common grounds, yet they're different enough not to step on each other's toes in plenty of cases :)

Back