Thinking Of Buying A New Joystick For Gp2X

Eddie

Hi, my GP2Xs (F100) joystick is broken, it barely and works, and the stick click doesn't work. I sold it, but it looks like I'll be getting it back because the person I sold it to didn't realise the extent of the damage.

So if I do get it back, I'd like to fit a new joystick onto it.

I've found this, which looks like the exact same one, can someone confirm this please?

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2493381&cm_vc=av_uk

So as far as a fix goes that looks like the best one.

But there are many, many others and I have no idea if they'd work. For example this one looks nice:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0516306&cm_vc=av_uk

Of course that one probably wouldn't fit exactly to the PCB, but I could always bend the pins, or make some sort of mount.

There are tons of other types on that site, and it's quite possible they'll work alot better than the original GP2X one, so it could be good to try one. Anyone got any thoughts?

Hi, I don't mean to hijack this topic, but I am looking for a new cap (only the cap) for my GP2X F100 joystick.

The original plastic one just doesn't take much abuse, the super-flimsy molded plastic base splits very easily over time.

Doesn't anyone make a steel or aluminium cap? How complicated would that be? And it would never break at the base. They could rubber-coat the top or something, too.

I'd appreciate any links to a superio cap that I could buy immediately. Or, any suggestions on making my own from stuff around the house. I'm no solderer or anything like that.

Any help is much apprciated.

well earlier I ripped apart an old Xbox(1) controller and took the nub from that, I used some scissors to cut of the ridge so it would fit into the GP2X case. It looks like it will fit perfectly, but I don't have a GP2X right now so I don't know.

Eddie

Back