Word Of Warning

hogboy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Just a word of warning to anybody that might have problems with there gp2x that was brought from GBAX.
I contacted them with regards to my 2x not running on the battaries for longer than 10min and recived and e-mail back asking about the problem and to try different batteries which i did. I sent them an e-mail back telling them that this still hadnt solved the problem and was asked to send my 2x back to them for testing. Fantastic i thought, fast service and prompt reply from debs. I returned the 2x to them on the 07/06/06 sent recorded delivery and have not had any feed back from them since, even after sending e-mails to them asking what the progress is. All i can say about this is that this is very very poor customer service, and was under the impression that GBAX where 1 of the best suppliers of the 2x in the uk. I am still waiting for a reply from them and thought posting on here might get some sort of answers as the where my 2x is and when / if im going to see it again. And please dont think a phone call is the answer because so far ive not had any joy in getting hold of anyone on there number. It is such a shame that such a fatastic console is tarnished buy poor sales reps as i cant fault the 2x when it works .

bummer man...you must be a n unlucky 1. had mine a couple of months now and easily8-10 hrs out of a charge of batteries. not really sympathetic i know but hopefully you'll get some sort of reply from them soon!

Just a word of warning to anybody that might have problems with there gp2x that was brought from GBAX.
I contacted them with regards to my 2x not running on the battaries for longer than 10min and recived and e-mail back asking about the problem and to try different batteries which i did. I sent them an e-mail back telling them that this still hadnt solved the problem and was asked to send my 2x back to them for testing. Fantastic i thought, fast service and prompt reply from debs. I returned the 2x to them on the 07/06/07 sent recorded delivery and have not had any feed back from them since, even after sending e-mails to them asking what the progress is. All i can say about this is that this is very very poor customer service, and was under the impression that GBAX where 1 of the best suppliers of the 2x in the uk. I am still waiting for a reply from them and thought posting on here might get some sort of answers as the where my 2x is and when / if im going to see it again. And please dont think a phone call is the answer because so far ive not had any joy in getting hold of anyone on there number. It is such a shame that such a fatastic console is tarnished buy poor sales reps as i cant fault the 2x when it works .
To be fair, that's only 5 business days ago that you sent it. By 07/06/07 I assume you actually mean June 7, 2006. I understand that people get impatient but be realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: 5 days? That doesn't seem to bad actually. :lol:

Just email them.

[/quote]
To be fair, that's only 5 business days ago that you sent it. By 07/06/07 I assume you actually mean June 7, 2006. I understand that people get impatient but be realistic.
[/quote]
I understand that they are very busy at the moment with the new launch , but after spending that amount of money on something and to then send it back to them and have no word since its just a bit poor in my eyes. As someone that works in the retail trade , i know to well that people dont like to wait around for things when they dont know whats happening, a simple, thanks for sending us you 2x , we will look into the problem and get back to you , dont take 5min, but with that i would know they had recived it safely and the problem was being looked into. As it stands at the moment i dont know if there have it or if the post man is playing sonic on his rounds(with a very long ext lead), that is more the point i am trying to get across, and wouldnt normaly dream of posting on a forums about a matter like this but belive i might get some answers here an not sat checking my e-mails 3 times a day. I am sorry if i have put anyone nose out of joint, but im just looking for answers.

I contacted them with regards to my 2x not running on the battaries for longer than 10min and recived and e-mail back asking about the problem and to try different batteries which i did. I sent them an e-mail back telling them that this still hadnt solved the problem and was asked to send my 2x back to them for testing. Fantastic i thought, fast service and prompt reply from debs. I returned the 2x to them on the 07/06/07 sent recorded delivery and have not had any feed back from them since, even after sending e-mails to them asking what the progress is. All i can say about this is that this is very very poor customer service, and was under the impression that GBAX where 1 of the best suppliers of the 2x in the uk. I am still waiting for a reply from them and thought posting on here might get some sort of answers as the where my 2x is and when / if im going to see it again. And please dont think a phone call is the answer because so far ive not had any joy in getting hold of anyone on there number. It is such a shame that such a fatastic console is tarnished buy poor sales reps as i cant fault the 2x when it works .

Paragraphs?

Right, you have not said who you are so no one can check on this, also it likely only arrived sometime on monday, it would take at least 2 days to test a battery power problem.

I'm quite sure if you are patient she will get back to you soon, however it is very likely it was your batteries which were at fault.

-Craig

Well you're right, when authorizing a return they should make a clear statement to the effect of "we will get back to you within a week of receiving your item with information about the status of your return" to cut down on people freaking out.

I assume that "recorded delivery" means you can get information about whether it was delivered or not.

I imagine they process returns in batches every few days rather than opening every package the instant it arrives, trying to decipher who it came from, looking up email correspondence, sending an email off, then putting the opened package somewhere for later inspection, at which time they repeat the whole thing again.

Edit: It seems like you tried rechargeables after all, so nvm.

- Alex

Paragraphs?

Right, you have not said who you are so no one can check on this, also it likely only arrived sometime on monday, it would take at least 2 days to test a battery power problem.

I'm quite sure if you are patient she will get back to you soon, however it is very likely it was your batteries which were at fault.

-Craig
All the information needed was sent with my 2x as asked including a cover note with the problems i was having with it.
I did look into the problem and asked on the forums before contacting GBAX about it and have tried 4 different battery configs with no joy, one set being brand new gp 2600mAh with a full charge, run down and charged again but with no joy, yet the handheld works fine with the GBAX power supply set at 3v as suggested.

I do understand that these things take time to look into, and that the guys and girls there are very busy, and look foward to reply from them as soon as posible but as a paying customer , only wanted/want to know that my 2x has arrived there and would be looked at in due course.

Paragraphs?

-Craig
I had the exact same problem (got my gp2x from liksang) and I tried with brand new ansmann 2500 mah photo and the problem remained... so I sent it back too :(.

Paragraphs?

-Craig
All the information needed was sent with my 2x as asked including a cover note with the problems i was having with it.

Yes, but you have still not told me who you are... so i still can't check for you...

99% chance that it's a bad battery issue anyway. You should've done
research, then went out & bought GOOD NiMH rechargable batteries before sending it back then trashing the company publicly. That's not good business. Anyway, when the hell is 07/06/07 - you sent it back next year?!

Normal everyday alkaline energizers or duracell will NOT work except for about 10 minutes. WHOA! Wait a minute, that's about how long yours lasted! Imagine that! :D

lol

research, then went out & bought GOOD NiMH rechargable batteries before sending it back then trashing the company publicly. That's not good business. Anyway, when the hell is 07/06/07 - you sent it back next year?!

Normal everyday alkaline energizers or duracell will NOT work except for about 10 minutes. WHOA! Wait a minute, that's about how long yours lasted! Imagine that! :D

lol

Not trying to defend him because I had nothing but great service from GBAX but he did say he had tried the NIMH batteries for sale on the GBAX website.

lol

Not trying to defend him because I had nothing but great service from GBAX but he did say he had tried the NIMH batteries for sale on the GBAX website.

Don't jump on his back about batteries needlessly, it is possible that he has a bad/broken power regulation circuit, which the external power connection bypasses.

hogboy: in case you didn't know, craigix runs gbax, that's why he was asking for your name (I thought this was obvious, but maybe not . . .)

hogboy: in case you didn't know, craigix runs gbax, that's why he was asking for your name (I thought this was obvious, but maybe not . . .)
Thanks for that, i wasn't aware of that and am glad some one finally let me know. I will pm craig and try to get things sorted out.
Looks like posting on here finally got somewhere thanks to 1 smart chicken.

Back