Wonderswan Emulator

HungryWolf

Still Fresh
I was told a long time ago that some people were working on a much faster Wonderswan emulator than Cygne. I was just wondering how that was going, since I really would like to play some Wonderswan games on my GP2x.

Puck2099 (and Misato too, I think) are working on a new version. They're trying to get advantage of the second core.

Yes, Segata is right, Misato and me already have a first version of WS2X, our WS emulator for GP2X, but we have to finish first the GUI before release it.

I can tell you that speed is quite much faster than Cygne and I'm currently trying to move GPU code to the second GP2X core because it tooks a lot of CPU time.

I hope to release a first version in a short time.

Regards

Just curious, could you give me an estimated time when it will come out? Mainly because I'm really itching for some Wonderswan gaming on my GP2x.

Also, does Cygne even work?

Thanks

EDIT: Oh yeah, just curious, what is Chocobo Crazy Championship? I saw it in the wiki, I was wondering what it was.

HungryWolf posted on Aug 30 2006 at 09:54 PM said:
Just curious, could you give me an estimated time when it will come out? Mainly because I'm really itching for some Wonderswan gaming on my GP2x.

Well, we only need to finish the GUI to release a first version. Misato is working on the GUI, but she is on exams until 12 September so I don't think it will be finished until 15 more or less.

Also, does Cygne even work?

Well, it works but tooooo slowly...

EDIT: Oh yeah, just curious, what is Chocobo Crazy Championship? I saw it in the wiki, I was wondering what it was.

It is a Chocobo's Racing game. You can see here a video of the game running.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, cool. Just two weeks.

The chocobo game looks pretty nice as well. Is it just a racing game, or is it more complex?

Thanks.

Rivroner posted on Sep 15 2006 at 10:09 PM said:
HungryWolf posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:42 PM said:
Any updates?

This is a preview for the beta that will be released soon:

GP32Spain Preview of Wonderswan2x (WS2X)

Enjoy it.

Looks fantastic I (obviously) cannot wait. I just have one question. For games like Gunpey, how are those going to be played? With the stick and the volume buttons?

HungryWolf posted on Sep 16 2006 at 05:00 PM said:
I just have one question. For games like Gunpey, how are those going to be played? With the stick and the volume buttons?

In the normal way, but rotating the game screen.

HungryWolf posted on Sep 21 2006 at 08:45 PM said:
Heh, not that. I just want the emulator to come out so bad!

Me too,

When can we expect a release ??
Will it support JSS or Dicing Knight also ? :p

I'm realy looking forward to this emu

paxl13

Back