Wolf4sdl

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Now that things are wrapping up with dosbox, I had a few moments to get back to wolf4sdl. I used the latest SVN code and added my control code and it was up and running.
I also made some quick changes. First there will be no need for any command line options, I hardcoded the correct values.
I was surprised to find wolf4sdl adjusts when given the resolution of 320x240. That means both modes with the status bar and without (fullscreen) mode fit the entire screen.
I also used some new compilier flags and seems to have helped. It's running pretty well at 200 Mhz.

There are a couple of bugs so I hope to work those out with the author.

This is awesome news, thanks for your work Pickle! Wolfenstein 3D is one of the greatest games ever made, playing it is always a pleasure :)

Alex. said:
This is awesome news, thanks for your work Pickle! Wolfenstein 3D is one of the greatest games ever made, playing it is always a pleasure :)

Thanks and im glad you like the port.
I think Ive come up with a fix for one of the bugs, I need to test it though.
The last bug doesnt really effect gameplay, basically theres garbage in the last 40 lines if you go from in-game to menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried some wolf3d GP2X port some time ago, but it wasn't working correctly (rendering errors...). So now I'm waiting for your version before trying again :)

tuXXX said:
I tried some wolf3d GP2X port some time ago, but it wasn't working correctly (rendering errors...). So now I'm waiting for your version before trying again :)
There are 2 versions really, one based on linux and the one im porting for that uses SDL.
I already have a version out there that should work if you cant wait.

Pickle said:
There are 2 versions really, one based on linux and the one im porting for that uses SDL.

Sure! Don't worry about this, I still have many things to do everywhere ;)

tuXXX said:
Pickle said:

Sure! Don't worry about this, I still have many things to do everywhere ;)
I almost forgot, i have in my sig the link to the latest wolf4sdl.

This is working really great (as soon as you understand you need vgafiles ;)).

I tried at 200 and 250MHz and I didn't see any difference (the music of the episode 2 seems to be slow, but I don't remember if the original one was this way, maybe :p)

Anyway, thank you Pickle!

tuXXX said:
This is working really great (as soon as you understand you need vgafiles ;) ).

I tried at 200 and 250MHz and I didn't see any difference (the music of the episode 2 seems to be slow, but I don't remember if the original one was this way, maybe :p )

Anyway, thank you Pickle!
I dont think you have the new version. The zip should have version 1.4-1 in it.

Its's absurd that it takes this long to get approved. I could have added a entire new entry and the stupid thing would have available already.

I was reading your other post and I was checking that.
And I think you're right, that's why it wasn't using the whole screen :p

The file is now available ;)
I tried it, and yes it's really better, fullscreen and the sound is ok now (and yes, I was using the gmenu2x files)
Thank you :)

Back