Wolf3dSDL Port

Thraka

I've installed my copy of Spear and Wolf3d and the launcher shows them, but when I choose something it does nothing. Anyone else have problems with this? On the main wolf3dsdl page (non pandora) it does have seperate binaries based on which way you obtained the game. Maybe I need different data files.

Thanks!

Hrm well log complains about the launcher not finding the correct UI files. It does look very bare to me, not themed at all. It also states that ./spear has permission denied.

Thanks!

Hrm well log complains about the launcher not finding the correct UI files. It does look very bare to me, not themed at all. It also states that ./spear has permission denied.

the launcher messages are fine, but the spear error is odd, no idea what is causing it

Does anyone else get intermittent tearing/flickering in the middle of the screen when running this? Most noticeable on walls when turning

Hi, sorry for gravedigging here, but it doesn't always need a new thread I think.

I have the Wolf4SDL installed. All .WL6 files are in its appdata folder.

I also have all Spear of Destiny .SOD files in that directory.

When I start SOD everything seems to work fine, but when I want to start Wolf3D it appearantly loads something but it does not start. I see the desktop for a sec, then black and then I am back at the menu.

There are no error-messaged in the pndrun_wolf4sdl.out either (apart from some missing images that probably belong to the launcher).

Am I missing something obvious?

Do I need a certain version of the game (like with descent) or is there a file missing?

Files I have in the appdata folder are:

AUDIHED.WL6

AUDIOT.WL6

CONFIG.WL6

GAMEMAPS.WL6

MAPHEAD.WL6

VGADICT.WL6

VGAGRAPH.WL6

VGAHEAD.WL6

VSWAP.WL6

Thanks for any help!

Hm, well I I am not sure, but I thought it's the full version. Not an expert really, are there different full versions around? Like a real retail version vs. a registered shareware?

Hm, I must have overread this last time I looked, in /tmp/pndrun_wolf4sdl.out it actually sais:

Code:
wgahead.wl6 contains a wrong number of offsets (159 instead of 150)!

I can run it it DosBox, it is the full version and sais it is v1.1

Back