wobbly joystick?

NeoGML

Still Fresh
Website
matthewylim.blogspot.com
my sister just came back from korea, and my grandmother who lives there got me a GP32.

IT's nice, except for the fact that i think it's a preowned model. It works and everything, but the joystick is like, excessively wobbly. it even shakes if i shake the entire unit. i think it gives too easily when i press it.

Is there a remedy for this? is this normal?

i tried opening it up to look at it, but the box that covers the joystick assembly has tabs that are melted, rendering them permanently attached to the PCB unless i re-melt them. Even then, i'd have to open up the microswitches and i'd have to stretch the springs i guess.... but there's such a good chance of me breaking something.

Well, this is pretty cool, but it kinda sucks at the same time. I haven't played any games yet, because i don't have any SMCs, so i don't know how this joystick is going to affect gameplay; for all i know, it might not.

Any ideas?

i thought same, when i got the gp32.
it sucked for ca. a week, now i love it and i find its way better than the gba one (i own gba, too).
hang on it, youll love it in a few days when u got used to it ;)

ps: sry for bad english maybe :blink: im german.

the joystick on mine is quite lose to, more lose than when i bought it. Why didn't they just use the same design as the neo geo pocket, that things joystick has stayed clicky for years now.

yea I just got one used off ebay for christmas and I noticed the same thing but it wasnt bad but I love it just some times in the emus it moves too fast...

It was hell gettting my GP32 the guy took like 2 weeks to get it shiped. but Im glad I got it!!

Back