Wizznic! Released

Neil L said:
Thanks for the update and the update to the NES levels. :)

DusteD said:
I also converted bman's NES levels to 0.6 compatible file-format. (Yes, you still have to replace the data-files, I couldn't get the "pack" support ready for this release, it's first priority for 0.7)

I'm glad pack support will be in the next release as I've had to install Wizznic twice! (One for your levels & one for the NES ones)

I've also got a few ideas for the next release:

1. Could the menu be accessed from the start screen, without having to start a game first? (eg. Press B to play, press X for menu.)
2. As B is the 'action' button in the game, could this be used for the menus rather than X? (Most Wiz games use B for accept & X for decline)
3. Could the 'lives' & 'restarts' be shown on the game screen? (Instead of having to go to the menu to check how many you've got left)
4. At the moment only the score (for the level) is shown on the game screen, could the total score & the high score be shown also? (eg. Score, Level Score & High Score)
5. A restart key would also be a nice addition instead of having to go to the menu.

Cheers, Neil

Edit: I've just noticed that X also works as an 'action' button in the game (this wasn't mentioned in the instructions) you could use all 4 as 'action' buttons I suppose and maybe L and R for restart. :)

Hi Neil, those are some really great suggestions. Restart on Y is something I've been thinking about too.
Lives and Restarts should be displayed ingame, I was waiting for a graphician to finish another theme (metal) but he has been preoccupied with other things so I'll just go ahead and add it.
The highscore thing was done this way because the overall score becomes a rather large number, so theres not really room for it in the ingame interface, but I'm planning to make some more statistics, so there is a highscore table for each level, and other stats, such as how long it took, how many cursor movement it took, and largest combo.
There are also some bugs with the menu-game interaction, these will be addressed as the first thing, to get the code fit enough to support packs and the other features.

Thanks for helping :)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, maybe not exactly news, but it's been a long time since I've released, and just wanted to tease you guys with this little pic.. :)
There's still a fair amount of work to be done before I can release tough..
b2b5d5bb76.png

I am playing it a lot, one of my favs in my SD :)

Thansk for the good job :)

Rivroner said:
I am playing it a lot, one of my favs in my SD :)

Thansk for the good job :)

Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm really glad someone like it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back