Wizznic 0.8

DusteD

Still Fresh
Website
dusted.dk
Seems motivation is going down with spare time, and at the same time depression is going up, so I'll release this now :)

It's still a pre-release, before 0.8 finally is released, there are a couple of features that still needs doing, and a few bugs that needs to be squished, they are all in the top of the changelog..
However, the changelog of 0.8 Prerelease 2 as of now:
Player was not asked to enter highscore after "completed game" screen was shown.
Added Silver pack.
Teleports added
Greeter/Credits added to welcome screen
Added a "template" pack (essentially just a copy of the wizznic pack, without the levels/music),
can be used by content creators as a starting point for creating a pack.
Tweaked the ingame interface a bit.
Lots of minor changes.
Changed readme a bit, it's still not accurate though.
Fixed a crashbug due to improper memory access.
Fixed all compiler warnings.

Everything is available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wizznic/files/
Windows version will come later.
The source package contains a Makefile, which is for building the Wiz version.
The source package contains a codeblocks project for building the Linux / Windows versions.
The source package contains a precompiled linux binary.

Ps. The teleport thing is kinda cool ;)

Great News.

When the pre-release became final version ..i could try to compile for F100/F200.

And here's a new prerelease, the final release shouldn't have any influence on the Wiz versions as the features that needs to be fixed are only relevant for the linux version.

Linux specific Makefile based on contribution from PVince81.
Renamed Makefile to Makefile.wiz (to avoid confuzion with the linux Makefile which is called Makefile.linux)
Linux version can be compiled so it saves user files (player & editorlevels) to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME or $HOME (like most *nix apps)
Read more about this in doc/install.txt
Level-Editor menu screen is made a bit less cluttered.
Clone level function (create a new level, with the contents from another level, so it is easier to make variations of existing levels)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wizznic/files/

And the final version is out. Not much have changed:
Fixed a bug in the level-preview-dump function that made a black image if no start/stop image found.
Thumbnailer works again (on levels that refer to themes that are installed)
Added instructions for using the thumbnailer in the install.txt
No longer blink [MORE] in the level-editor list.
Removed an error message that were printed even though there was no error.
Pack-List is now sorted.
Added Puzznic! Stage 09 pack by KML
Script to make releasing for Linux (Source package) and Wiz automated. This will be extented to windows when I learn to cross compile.

I'm now working on 0.9. which might take a while, considering I've promised myself to include a good deal of music, some more graphics, aand 75 levels, which are allready done, but needs sorting and playtesting (I've completed them so I know they "work").
If you're interested in helping me getting the levels in order, read this: Halp Plz!

Back