Wizzing Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi All,

Well my 2nd Wiz was bricked a while ago, but I am going to try Ed's fix and if that works I'm wondering what to do with it. I was kinda thinking of giving it to a Dev who doesn't yet have a Wiz, but who to donate it to, any ideas?

Clare.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2009 at 11:04 PM said:
Hi All,

Well my 2nd Wiz was bricked a while ago, but I am going to try Ed's fix and if that works I'm wondering what to do with it. I was kinda thinking of giving it to a Dev who doesn't yet have a Wiz, but who to donate it to, any ideas?

Clare.
A fine idea indeed. I fully support the developers. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickly shoves hand in the air :)

GLBasic supports Wiz now and I should be able to quickly and easily port some of my stuff across, including B'lox!

GLBasic supports Wiz now and I should be able to quickly and easily port some of my stuff across, including B'lox!

Okey dokey, if I get it working you can have it :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 26 2009 at 09:22 AM) [quote="iprice posted on May 26 2009 at 09:09 AM said:
Quickly shoves hand in the air :"]
GLBasic supports Wiz now and I should be able to quickly and easily port some of my stuff across, including B'lox![/quote]Okey dokey, if I get it working you can have it :)

[Fingers crossed]That's very kind of you. Thankyou. [/Fingers crossed]
:)

Can we have a poll? I mean I know its your wiz fluffy and nothing against you iprice but Pickle and a few other devs who have been working on stuff cant go on any further due to their MK0 Wiz crapping on them . Just my 2 cents.

mrpogo posted on May 26 2009 at 12:38 PM said:
how did you manage to brick it?
A firmware update bricked it, This isn't a commercial machine though so don't worry about the Wiz's GPH are currently suppliying.

iprice posted on May 26 2009 at 01:09 PM) [quote="WarmFluffyUK posted on May 26 2009 at 09:22 AM) [quote="iprice posted on May 26 2009 at 09:09 AM said:
Quickly shoves hand in the air :"]
GLBasic supports Wiz now and I should be able to quickly and easily port some of my stuff across, including B'lox![/quote]Okey dokey, if I get it working you can have it :"] [/quote][Fingers crossed]That's very kind of you. Thankyou. [/Fingers crossed]
:)

Please don't get your hopes up, so far this hasn't worked :( But I will keep trying.
ninjawiz2x posted on May 26 2009 at 01:28 PM said:
Can we have a poll? I mean I know its your wiz fluffy and nothing against you iprice but Pickle and a few other devs who have been working on stuff cant go on any further due to their MK0 Wiz crapping on them . Just my 2 cents.
Er, I have kinda already said he could have it, would be a bit bad of me to refuse now.

Pickles Wiz is working again.

+1 for iprice and his award winning stuff... :)

Regards,
Stephan

Looks like the other guys have been able to fix theirs, so no worries there. Hopefully it works for this one too. Iprice would be a deserving recipient - makes me wonder how a certain collaboration with Mr Gonzo might look on the Wiz. :)

[edit] Repeated some of sbock's post there.

Cheers chaps :)

As for Zomb'd - what I have of it is working fine on a GP2X, albeit with a black border due to the resolution difference between Pandora and GP2X.

Okay the good news is that I have now managed to revive my bricked Wiz, iprice PM me with your address and I will send it to you.

This should be a good incentive to port your games etc we hope :)

Nice going Fluffy!

It's a shame we can't do the same with the very old versions with two dpads, I doubt GPH will release a full recovery firmware for those. It's a bit sad to have it rotting away in my drawer, an extra battery and a spare stylus seems like a waste of such nice hardware :(

Alex. posted on May 26 2009 at 04:29 PM said:
Nice going Fluffy!
It's a shame we can't do the same with the very old versions with two dpads, I doubt GPH will release a full recovery firmware for those. It's a bit sad to have it rotting away in my drawer, an extra battery and a spare stylus seems like a waste of such nice hardware :(

I totally agree, mine is just sitting around doing nothing too, and unfortunately it's not a stable platform for devs to test the software on.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 26 2009 at 03:58 PM said:
Alex. posted on May 26 2009 at 04:29 PM said:
Nice going Fluffy!
I totally agree, mine is just sitting around doing nothing too, and unfortunately it's not a stable platform for devs to test the software on.

I guess it is good for spare parts like the battery and the screen.

Yeah, I also want to keep the old model around as a sort of curiosity, the unit really is quite different to the production units. The buttons, even the case is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back